★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(DONE!)

Feb 25, 2009
Connecticut
After gathering parts, pieces, and screws, the build off is finally here. This year I'll be starting with a 1953 Columbia 3 Star Deluxe. It's gonna be a real Hot Rod :mrgreen: My theme is gonna be a bobber, but not just any old bobber 8) There will be a SCHWINNRAY twist as usual :mrgreen: Not sure if I can build a bike as cool as last year, but will see. The plans are secret for now, but I'll sneak a bit out...bare metal :mrgreen: Good luck to all and see you at the finish line 8)

Here's the start...

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Jul 1, 2010
Roanoke Rapids, NC
Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★

Hope you're starting to feel better.

I really liked the Young American, but to be honest, I like this frame better. I bet it's going to be awesome. Awaiting the day you submit your riding video. I wish that was a requirement for everyone so we could put practicality into play.

Good luck... as if you need it!

Feb 25, 2009
Connecticut

Thanks guys! :lol:

The video will come in a few months :wink: Hopefully it won't have to be in a small circle :mrgreen:
Got some medicine from the Doctor, but still not well :(

Dec 22, 2011
Dayton, Ohio

That is a nice frame to start with. I am really into checking out the starter threads that everyone is posting with their starter bikes and ideas.

May 2, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

That's one of the coolest spring forks I've seen.
I have no doubt you will exceed last year's bike, just by different means :D
It was a very cool bike but you've learned a lot more since then
I'll be watching...

Feb 25, 2009
Connecticut

tin machine said:
well young American , i already like your bike this year better than last ....cause its got rust and stuff ...and its just bad to the bone !! , i am still mad cause you got more votes than me last year !!!! ....so come on young American ...lets get it on :!: :!: :wink:
Thanks Tin Man :D I like this frame better too, different then a regular old cantilever :wink: Good luck! :p

May 14, 2008
houston,tex.

definitely a cool frame/fork combination to start with! :D i know this will come out looking great.good luck to ya.

Dec 5, 2011

Bobber will be cool with this one. I look forward to seeing wht you do.

Feb 25, 2009
Connecticut

tin machine said:
hey young american would you consider selling me your bike ? and you could pik another bike to build ? :mrgreen:
I'd trade it for the one in your avatar :wink: :mrgreen:

Feb 25, 2009
Connecticut
Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 1)

UPDATE 1

Took the frame apart today, only a couple tough bolts :mrgreen: Still have to pull the fork off :D

I'll finish cleaning these tomorrow :wink:

Feb 25, 2009
Connecticut
Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 1)

That's getting sanded and then painted :wink: I gotta clean the bearings and the middle of the crank arms :mrgreen: