★★ SAND TROOPER ★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★ DANA-GLIDE ★★ - 5/12 UPDATE - PAINT!

Gotta check the RPM recommendations on those things. I bought some drill grinder attachment and stuck them in my air grinder...no success!

Yeah...I was wondering about the RPM situation as well.

I need to compare the packaging on the wire cup and my grinder specs.

I assumed since this wire cup was made to screw onto a grinder that it could handle the speed. Also, my grinder is just a cheapo Skil model that I bought at Wal-Mart so it's not anything fancy.

I'll compare both this evening and see if that could have been the issue.

1.Email Dewalt
2.Tell the details including time used and RPM speed.
3. Show them the pictures.(add in some blood for effect).
4. Offer do an official review.
5. Place there banner up above. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ha Ha...I just left a review on the Lowe's website. :lol:

$10 is enough money for me to take action, take it back or ask Dewalt for a replacement, they are a good company, I bet they'll do something.

I don't know what my Dewalt angle grinder spins at, but I've never thrown apart a wire cup that way.

I've found that using my twisted wire cup on an inferior grinder will kill the grinder. We destroyed a Task Force angle grinder with a Dewalt wire cup because they don't spin balanced and it shook it to death, but the Dewalt can handle it.

If you haven't noticed from my builds, I love my angle grinder and use it A LOT.

I filled out the big long DeWalt customer service form on their site and submitted it and it refreshed to a new page that said...

"An error has occurred"

I hit the back button and the form was blank. :x

I'll have to try it again when I have the time. :lol:

I prefer calling the phone number because I can talk or be on hold and still be working on the computer... and by "working on the computer", I mean "browsing RatRodBikes.com."

I had the exact same problem with a Dewalt crimped wire cup a couple of years back. Ever since Black & Decker bought them out their stuff just isn't the same :x

The wire wheel I used to strip my BO bike last year was a 90's Craftsman wheel. Worked like a champ, and still looks brand new after 20+ years of wear! :lol:

I like the color of the frame, goes good with the black and white. Don't see that color too often in the rat world :wink:

Here's a shot of the Dana 3 speed painted with some black texture paint.

DSC_0002-17.jpg~original

Re: ★★ DANA-GLIDE ★★ - 5/11 UPDATE

After a little drying time I decided to throw the back wheel on to see how the combo was going to look...

DSC_0002-16.jpg~original

I'm pleased with the color and finish. It's sort of a matte beige color. I think it will looks good with all of the other black parts.

I was just thinking on Friday that I should paint my Beast a desert sand beige with black wheels, but you beat me to it. It looks really nice.

looking good.

the inside of that dana looks similar to the new departure triplspeed unit, just bigger.

Love the frame and the paint job!

Watching :D

Got the drivetrain installed this evening.

6y5a2e9a.jpg

a2edymut.jpg

Finally got this goofy headset situation sorted out. My fork arrives tomorrow so I'll find out if that fits.

a3y7agaz.jpg

Also received one of Chad's wicked cool stainless seat posts in the mail today...

y7e5esa5.jpg

Once I get all of the basics installed and set up I'll start the creative stuff ;)

Re: ★★ DANA-GLIDE ★★ - 5/21 UPDATE

this is a cool build the dana glide makes it look clean!

Troy

Latest posts

Back