★★ SAND TROOPER ★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
I was talking with a friend of mine recently and he said he had dug up this old Dana 3 speed bike transmission that he used to run on an old BMX bike of his back in the 70s.

He asked me if I was interested in using it on anything...and I thought...yep, build off bike material. :mrgreen:

So I'm starting off with a Higgins frame, the Dana transmission and a set of 3G Jemima 57mm wheels.

We'll see how things go from here.

higgins.jpg~original

DSC_0003-16.jpg~original

DSC_0001-16.jpg~original

DSC_0010-13.jpg~original

Re: ★★ DANA-GLIDE ★★

Im starting to think you purposely delay the build off until after the TX bike swaps get going :mrgreen:

Cool concept Steve!
Great frame and I can't wait to see another Dana working.
I have one, but no plans to use it for BO8. I am saving it for my Screamer build.
Now you just have to finish this one. :mrgreen:

This is about as far as Steve usually gets... we should get him a special prize just for finishing. :lol:

I thought someone said they don't work with a coaster brake because they won't back pedal.
I just checked mine and it goes back too.
Should be a nice build Steve. Will be watching.

yoothgeye said:
This is about as far as Steve usually gets... we should get him a special prize just for finishing. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope to see this one finished though, look cool! :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:

This is so true...ha ha!

Beginning the mock up stage tonight to check fitment.

The Dana transmission went on pretty easily and it seems to spin and shift correctly.

ra7yvypu.jpg

gatuty3u.jpg

sybebybu.jpg

WOW!! You really are going to build a Build Off bike!!! :mrgreen: :p

Hey Steve I think you put the fork in that front part, not the shifter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

xddorox said:
Wow, never heard or seen one of those before. Can't wait to see how it looks all put together.
Well heard of one that actually works! Sweet build.

Latest posts

Back