★ RRB WELCOMES RUFF-CYCLES ★ - UPDATE 3/23

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★ RRB WELCOMES RUFF-CYCLES ★

Rat Rod said:
Thinking about running a black set of 3G Jemima wheels with a 2 speed kickback.
Such a hard decision with having too many cool wheelsets.

Would you use black tires or White walls?

How many inches of ground clearance is there with those 24inch thick bricks? Looks pretty tight?

I traded emails with Vinz and he recommended running 26" wheels on this particular frame.

I've got a set of black 3G Jemima wheels with a 2 speed kick back coming that will go on this bike.

deanmeaure.jpg

You may have to get one of the Basman seat posts where you can move the seat a little forward.
I do 21 or 22 inches tops from the side of the bb to the seat post. Take away 3/4'' from the to the
center measurement , and you will be stretching to pedal some. You have ridden mine before.
Curious if they offer something to get that seat post tube down to a useable size?

25" is huge. You would need to be 6'2" or better to ride. Better look for a seat post like Paul described.

Rat Rod said:
I traded emails with Vinz and he recommended running 26" wheels on this particular frame.

I've got a set of black 3G Jemima wheels with a 2 speed kick back coming that will go on this bike.

deanmeaure.jpg

That looks pretty low with the thick bricks, I wonder if you could run 26 inch Black Floyd tires on this frame, and how far back the rear axle would have to go in the rear drop outs to fit them? Thnks.

:wink:

Dorian said:
Rat Rod said:
I wonder if you could run 26 inch Black Floyd tires on this frame, and how far back the rear axle would have to go in the rear drop outs to fit them? Thnks.

Send me a set and I'll try them out for you. :lol:

A black floyd is 3 1/2'' tall on an 85mm wide rim. It looks like it would have plenty of room for one.
They are a little pricy, but fit the bill on this frame.
DSCF0013-3.jpg

Thanks for the measurements. Looks like thats a bike frame that will fit me pretty well. May have to look into getting me one of those.

Hey he stole my design. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Stick another tube in mine and it looks like another bike too. Wonder which one. :roll: :roll:

Uncle Stretch said:
You may have to get one of the Basman seat posts where you can move the seat a little forward.
I do 21 or 22 inches tops from the side of the bb to the seat post. Take away 3/4'' from the to the
center measurement , and you will be stretching to pedal some. You have ridden mine before.
Curious if they offer something to get that seat post tube down to a useable size?
I'm curious as well. Is it 1 1/2" tubing they're using? And what's the wall thickness?

Looks like the down tube and seat tube are 1.25" tubing.

The top tube appears to be a bit smaller in diameter.

The wall thickness appears to be normal bike frame thickness by looking at the seat tube,

Rat Rod said:
Looks like the down tube and seat tube are 1.25" tubing.

The top tube appears to be a bit smaller in diameter.

The wall thickness appears to be normal bike frame thickness by looking at the seat tube,
Thanks! Their website says seat post 31.8mm. So 1.25 tubing makes sense.

I'm going to try to post some more detailed shots of the frame soon.

Maybe one of me standing next to it for size reference too.

Latest posts

Back