★ RRB WELCOMES RUFF-CYCLES ★ - UPDATE 3/23

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
A few months ago I was contacted by a company out of Germany called "Ruff-Cycles." The owner, Vinz Gottschewski, was wanting to know if I'd be interested in selling his custom frames on the website. We traded a few emails and worked out a preliminary deal which involved me receiving one of their frames to test out and build up. That frame arrived today and I managed to pull it out and throw wheels and a fork on there to take a few quick shots before it got dark. Whether or not I use these parts is still up for debate. I can tell you one thing right off, the frames are LOW. :shock: The quality level is REALLY NICE....nice welds, smooth lines and they come in a raw finish. I was also surprised at how lightweight the frame was. Very excited about getting this bike on the road.

I'm going to start a new thread for this build in the "BUILDS" section, but for now you can have a peak at what "The Dean" looks like... :D

dean1.jpg

dean2w.jpg

dean3u.jpg

dean4p.jpg

Re: ★ RRB WELCOMES RUFF-CYCLES ★

My problem with any low slung frame like that is in my area you scrape bottom easily other then that I like the style of them.

I may end up going with some 26" 3G Jemima wheels instead of these 24s.

That may raise the bike up a little more.

Rat Rod said:
I may end up going with some 26" 3G Jemima wheels instead of these 24s.

That may raise the bike up a little more.

If you get a headset in that beast and the fork adjusted right I'd bet it would lift the front up considerably, I think it looks good hugging the ground but some fatter 26" wheels probably would "pump" the bike up a little more ... if that's possible :D

I am very much interested in the measurements of the frame. I want to know how it would fit a big guy. And if you could get the measurements of the tango frame too that would be awesome.

24" for looks, 26" for riding would be my take. Looks good though.

dante81_98 said:
I am very much interested in the measurements of the frame. I want to know how it would fit a big guy. And if you could get the measurements of the tango frame too that would be awesome.

Specifically which measurements are you wanting?

seat post to bottom bracket and seat post to head tube. I can compare that to one of my bikes and see how I might fit on it.

dante81_98 said:
seat post to bottom bracket and seat post to head tube. I can compare that to one of my bikes and see how I might fit on it.

I'll measure those this evening and post them then.

I dig it... I do forsee paint loss on the bottom of the frame in the future. You are going to need some very flat even ground. If there are any potholes out there.. You may be in for an 8 second ride before that bull bucks ya... As with any of your builds, I look forward to the completed product.

garagegoon said:
I dig it... I do forsee paint loss on the bottom of the frame in the future. You are going to need some very flat even ground.
He is lives in Texas, flat ground is everywhere. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looks sharp especially with those wheels and tires.

I thought my Basman was low! I haven't scraped while riding yet and even made it over some speed bumps but that probably wouldn't.

Bike looks fantastic! Love the lines of all the Ruff-Cycles.

Rat Rod said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Looks awesome, must be nice getting freebies like that!

In trade for blood, sweat and many a headache. :wink:

Hey Steve
I do have a Build Off question.....

Thinking about running a black set of 3G Jemima wheels with a 2 speed kickback.

Latest posts

Back