☆★☆BIG JIM☆★☆ BUILD THREAD RRB-BO#8 A.G. 2013 (1ST PLACE)

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF #8 - ANYTHING GOES BIKES' started by LukeTheJoker, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Pushie Pirate

Pushie Pirate

Well done Luke, awesome bike you deserve it and what's more impressive you built the thing on the road!

2. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Thanks Pushie Pirate!
    Looking forward to seeing more of your Zundapp build!!!

Luke.

kelvin hahnel likes this.
  3. Pushie Pirate

Pushie Pirate

Yeah mate plodding away, will get there one soon, want her on the road before summer.

4. bean

bean

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The line of smiles is because I met up with Luke this afternoon and got to see and ride BIG JIM.

Pictures don't do it justice. It is huuuuuge and just so cool. I took a few shots and will start a new thread in the regular Bike Talk section.

5. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)

Got paint?

I know you've been building other bikes, but this one still needs to be finished! :p

6. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Still working on plans for this badboy, we are in the process of changing our rooms around here at home, so that the bikes can come straight in the front door and be parked up inside out of the weather, until that time, it will be staying disassembled in the trailer out of the weather, and when it is inside it can be rolled in and out of the door when it comes time to work on it.

There are a few changes I want to make before the issue of paint comes up, a cosmetic change to the forks at the top to give them a more finished look is high on that list, a brake improvement of some description and then onto paint...

Thinking about bare metal too as a possibility, just sandblast the whole frame and then clearcoat, it really suits the industrial look of the frame.

Never fear, it will get done, it is destined to be the showpiece of my bike collection/display as I am fairly sure that no bike I can build from now on will surpass it!

Luke.

kelvin hahnel likes this.
  7. Clannagh

Clannagh

Amazing builds:)

LukeTheJoker likes this.
  8. Maker1

Maker1

This is arguably the craziest build I've ever seen. You are an unbelievable talent and produce incredible work

9. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Thanks Guys!

BigJim moved on to a new owner last year and has been touring the Hot Rod shows around the state with it's new owner, apparently going down a treat! :thumbsup:

Planning to build it's replacement in this year's big Build-Off, so keep an eye out once May comes around! ;)

Luke.

10. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

BigJim is still popping up in FaceBook and Instagram feeds everywhere, here is the latest from RatRodBikes:

Screenshot_2016-10-26-09-51-31.png

Luke.