☆★☆BIG JIM☆★☆ BUILD THREAD RRB-BO#8 A.G. 2013 (1ST PLACE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8.

Yeah, there are many ways to bend stuff if you look hard enough!
I remember RatRod straightened some forks by driving over them with the car... 8)

5 Pages already! Here are some pics for this page...
8698380086_bef782cef4.jpg

8698104796_12d342a149.jpg

8706700832_bbdc7ac5df.jpg

8707061244_8dae4b6e3f.jpg

More to come!

Luke.

I'm always envious of someone being able to draw a picture of the bike they are going
to build. I just bend some stuff and listen real close to what they tell me to do.
wonder if its like the crazy people that hear voices.
I'm wanting to see what you come up with. I will be watching.

Sorry, no bike progress today, did finish the trailer though, which is needed for the bike to come on the trip with us, so I guess that is some sort of progress!

8713680108_d0a460f0d1.jpg

Shame I bought the wrong hammerfinish paint colour... :(

Luke.

Uncle Stretch said:
I'm always envious of someone being able to draw a picture of the bike they are going
to build. I just bend some stuff and listen real close to what they tell me to do.
wonder if its like the crazy people that hear voices.
I'm wanting to see what you come up with. I will be watching.
Thanks for dropping in Uncle Stretch! I have tried building by just bending and cutting stuff and I cant get it to work! I always end up with something having to fit where something else already is... :roll: :lol:
So now that your bike is done, will you be starting another one?

Luke.

I doubt it. I could use my one frame change and build another, but really
I was just acting silly. Everybody jumped on the fat bike deal, and I just wanted
to see what they were like. Hopefully I got mine to be more of what I wanted it to be.
What is this trip? Like a Gypsy camp move or something?

:lol: Nah, we have family spread out all up the east coast of Australia, this is just the best way to see them all in one go. The trailer is only to carry the bike stuff and the metalworking tools for the build off bike, it is the only way we could be part of the build off, too cold here during winter and I work outside, so pack it all up and tow it north to warmer climes...

I hope you are happy with the FatFix you did, it looks awesome! I hope it rides as well as it looks.

Luke.

heya luke
man that bike is gonna be sweet
you have some serious building skills
i wish you were closer to me id hire you in my shop
i cant even come close to you're designs
definitely got some sweet ones with this build
i cannot wait to see the hidden drive design that's an excellent idea
i love all you're fat tire designs they definitely qualify as outside the box one of my favorite build designs
if you gotta go custom go all out!!! and you do go all out
i will be watching this build as well
good luck man
btw the falcons are cool i have a 65 falcon im restoring its a sedan delivery not sure if its custom or factory but it looks cool
other then the dead inline 6 which i plan to swap with a 302
matching ratrod car and bike would be a good idea
good luck and thanks for sharing
Sean

Looks much more practical than Burt Munro's trailer, but not quite as aerodynamic.
With those tires you could rename your build "The World's Fattest Australian". :)

Thanks for the kind words Sean!
I love working with metal and designing things, runs in the family and it seems my brain is wired for it... :lol:
Would love to see a pic of your sedan delivery, you can post it up here if you want. I really love the 40's to 60's cars, there are some real classics in that time period. Not so much into the 70's stuff as they started getting bigger...

I love the "Worlds Fattest Australian" tagline King! :mrgreen:

Luke.

you're quite welcome Luke
and i agree you definitely have the smarts as well as the skills
my sedan delivery is in bad form but i will post a pic soon

I would love to see a picture of the woman that allows you to have sections of the house for your bikes, AND allows you to bring along a trailer full of metalworking gear, while on vacation! :) so that you can participate in this buildoff :mrgreen: I am thinking a cross between mother Theresa, Joan of arc, (and I am drawing a blank here, I was trying to think of someone world recognized that would be the guys version of sweetest woman :) )
No pressure though, just a silly thought :wink:
Looking for more as soon as you are able.

peace

rich

:lol: I am pretty sure a photo will be up soon, she wants to learn welding and she also laid claim to this little bike, so a stretch is in order, I am hoping with a little practice she can do the stretch herself. I will be there to help of course...

8361824580_5d4650687c.jpg

Looking forward to that pic Sean whenever you are able, no matter how bad it is, I love my old Fords...
Cant be in any worse shape than my Austin Rat Rod Truck...

8247832091_5ec898304a.jpg

I have done some work to it since that pic, but not much since I started on this site, these bikes are addictive! :shock: Pretty hard to argue with having an awesome ride built from scratch in two or three months for 1% of the price of what is needed on the truck...

Luke.

Hi everyone!

I am afraid no bike update here, got doctors appointments and other stuff today, getting ready for the trip.

"Glen" brought up an interesting point on the "Build Off Highlights" thread (viewtopic.php?f=77&t=72241) regarding making these wheels hubless. I have to admit, the thought had occurred to me! I am restraining myself from it though, I just want to build a cool bike this time, not really a technical experiment like FatBob started out as.
I find that if I go after the technical side, once I get it solved I lose interest in the build. Plus I know that standard stays will look better anyway, and be lighter, as if that would be a consideration on this build! :lol:

Thanks for the suggestion though Glen! I don't have many more surprises on this one, I have told you guys just about all of my plans... Now I just have to make them work!

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Hi everyone!

I am afraid no bike update here, got doctors appointments and other stuff today, getting ready for the trip.

"Glen" brought up an interesting point on the "Build Off Highlights" thread (viewtopic.php?f=77&t=72241) regarding making these wheels hubless. I have to admit, the thought had occurred to me! I am restraining myself from it though, I just want to build a cool bike this time, not really a technical experiment like FatBob started out as.
I find that if I go after the technical side, once I get it solved I lose interest in the build. Plus I know that standard stays will look better anyway, and be lighter, as if that would be a consideration on this build! :lol:

Thanks for the suggestion though Glen! I don't have many more surprises on this one, I have told you guys just about all of my plans... Now I just have to make them work!

Luke.

Ha ha... wasn't really expecting you to actually consider it Luke... just observing that those wheels look quite suited to it. I should have known that you would have already considered doing it. It's something I have wanted to do for ages myself but I don't have your fabrication skills :mrgreen: . Now that I have a welder, perhaps it will get done sometime soon. 8)

Re: Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ! (THAT CRAZY JOKER!)

Even got myself some new Aussie work boots just for the build! Have to make do with size 12's, they don't make the 13's+14s much anymore...
8698380096_6358286c38.jpg
:D GO JOKER CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR BABY :D i had a real big laugh at your thong despription,or as my mates old man would say,"nothing better than a pair of Cambobian combat boots on a hot summers day"God bless his Soul,ex-vet,RIP mate. :wink:

kingfish254 said:
Looks much more practical than Burt Munro's trailer, but not quite as aerodynamic.
With those tires you could rename your build "The World's Fattest Australian". :)
Stil Laughing :D "The World's Fattest Australian"thats great,plenty of competition in Oz for that title,not my photo :D
:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back