☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - New Stuff page 13

yoothgeye said:
Hey guys, I'm with my youth group on a mission trip in Savannah, GA through Saturday. Last week we had Vacation Bible School every night of the week, so I'm in a holding pattern.
WAY TO GO YOOTH! I WAS WONDERING WHAT WAS UP. SO....WHERE'S MY SAMMICH?!? GET BACK SO YOU CAN GTB!! PEACE

good to see your still kicken!! hope to see more building soon :D :!:

Troy

I just got off of a riverboat tour, ran into one of the Savannah Wolfpack riders that I rode with last time I was here. Now I'm eating at Johnny Harris by recommendation of Kingfish... so far, so good.

was the food ratalisious??

:lol:
Troy

yoothgeye said:
I just got off of a riverboat tour, ran into one of the Savannah Wolfpack riders that I rode with last time I was here. Now I'm eating at Johnny Harris by recommendation of Kingfish... so far, so good.

Glad your group trip is going well so far. Welcome back to Savannah!

Food was great, ran into the older Hispanic guy with the decorated old Western Flyer and one of try guys from the critical mass while walking downtown last night with my group. We are busy busy. Did a heck of a job fixing up a lady's house on Allegheny Ave. and know where a women's Spaceliner with tank is on Orchard, but that's the bad part of town.

yoothgeye said:
Food was great, ran into the older Hispanic guy with the decorated old Western Flyer and one of try guys from the critical mass while walking downtown last night with my group. We are busy busy. Did a heck of a job fixing up a lady's house on Allegheny Ave. and know where a women's Spaceliner with tank is on Orchard, but that's the bad part of town.
Take the tall bike and the Elf suit, no one will mess with ya :wink:

Was wondering why this years build has been so quite.... :wink:

I'm still wanting to see that fork idea get done!
biker_zpsad85e845.jpg

Come on buddy!!! Where are you hiding????
Get this bad boy built!!!!

Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello

It's too quite here, Justin! :shock: I'm anxious for a new update :wink:

I don't want to miss the cut-off date, so I am scrapping the springer. The design as worried me the whole time for stability off-road anyway, plus, adding my disc brake to it just adds unneeded complexity.

This is a klunker, it's supposed to be simple, so tonight I made my fork, just a straight fork, but I made it long for the stance I was going for.

I also MIGHT have finally got the correct length spokes for my rear wheel. Lacing it tonight for the 4th time... maybe fifth.

I couldn't buy spokes so I grabbed some and laced, too long. Grabbed more spokes, still too long. So I tried a 4 cross pattern instead of 3 cross, and too short. So I found a wheel with longer spokes and laced it 4 cross. Tomorrow when I tighten in all up, I'll see if it works. Regardless, I'm getting pretty good at lacing a wheel without help from a video. haha

Welcome back!

I was getting worried :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
This is a klunker, it's supposed to be simple, so tonight I made my fork, just a straight fork, but I made it long for the stance I was going for.
Sounds like a good plan to me!! Looking forward to seeing it done

MplsCoaster said:
yoothgeye said:
Sounds like a good plan to me!! Looking forward to seeing it done

Thanks, I went home for lunch and tightened the spokes, the 4-cross worked, I have to put the guts in the hub before I can put it in the drop outs and true it.

I also sanded and primed the fork.

Tomorrow is my day off so I went into the shop tonight to throw this bike together. I soon realized that I could be riding tonight (this morning) if I kept at it. I trued the rear wheel and installed it along with the original chain tensioner bolts. Installed the fork. Removed the crankset and greased it up and reassembled. Installed the front wheel. Installed the seat post. Put on my head badge. Put on the seat. Installed stem/bars. Installed brake cable. Installed pedals. Made adjustments and took it for a ride.

I was surprised to find that I had some rear suspension. :x The original brazed joint where the seat tube meets the BB is gone, so as you put your weight on the seat it pops up and down.

Who cares about the paint, tomorrow, I WELD. I'll try to minimize the damage to the finish, I'm down, but I'm not out.

null-71.jpg

Re: ☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - Finished with a snag pg 16

:( sorry to hear this hopefully the repair will go well :!: :!: :!: :!:

Latest posts

Back