☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker Sub Build-Off

Terry66 said:
Sweet….I was hoping you would put that frame to good use! I can’t wait to see this build. Lines are so cool on that bike.

I couldn't be doing this without you!

Oh yeah! It's klunker time :mrgreen:

Nice! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

I went out in the shop tonight with plans to get lots of work done... it didn't happen. I started by cleaning out the upstairs kitchen (no longer a kitchen) and starting to put the carpet down. I also filled the fridge with Diet Dr. Pepper and Pepsi Max for build-off fuel.

Next I began tearing down wheels, here are the hoops I'm using. 26x1.50 Araya rims. I just love Arayas.
null-8.jpg

So I'm going to have to build wheels, yay! :shock: Here is what will attach them to the bike, make the bike go and stop:
null-9.jpg

The old Bendix is off a Spaceliner, the disc front hub and caliper came off of a MTB I found abandoned in a ditch.

These 26x2.30 Kenda K-Rads will insulate those rims nicely.
null-1.jpg

Here's my bling, green 36t Porkchop Chop Saw and some green anodized valve caps:
null-7.jpg

The Chop Saw will go on this 3 piece chromoly crank from an AMX BMX that was given to me a few weeks ago. I just need to find a pinch bolt for the non-drive side.
null.jpg

I bought this sweet Persons leather saddle from Beatcad, it's basically a Brooks B17 copy, black and copper.
null-5.jpg

Here is the stem I will be using, CCR did I get this from you, it's late and I'm losing my mind.
null-4.jpg

I will be polishing the aluminum clamps.

And this is what the stem will be holding, NOS MX bars.
null-3.jpg

Here it is without the pad and packaging.
null-2.jpg

I've actually got 2 more MX bars, another new one (NNS) and an older used one. I want to finish this build with time to spare and throw together 2 more klunkers so I can have them for others to ride with me. Let's hope this happens.

Things not shown:
-the brake lever that started this all
-green Oury grips that should arrive tomorrow
-fork parts (I have to build it)

Things to find:
-green anodized pedals, if the crankset works out I will buy VP bear traps from Porkchop
-seat post

nice parts pile! your gonna have a sweet ride!

Good parts. GTB!

jats said:
nice parts pile! your gonna have a sweet ride!

Thanks, I sure hope it will be like I'm imagining it. My last 2 builds have been solid bikes, but with all the accessories they clank and squeak a lot, I want this one to be tight.

kingfish254 said:
Good parts. GTB!

I've actually been out in the shop working today, unfortunately not on the bike. I went ahead and finished putting the carpet down in the upstairs bike shop, then put down a threshold, patched a hole in the ceiling, put up some peg boards, and put a top on my "new" workbench.

Before bench top:
null-11.jpg

After:
null-10.jpg

wow so thats what a clean shop bench looks like! have you ever tried a positron solid cable on a cable disk brake? it works good!

jats said:
wow so thats what a clean shop bench looks like! have you ever tried a positron solid cable on a cable disk brake? it works good!

I know NOTHING about disc brakes. My SS 29er has disc brakes, but I just ride that bike. This is all new to me. I have no idea what a positron solid cable is.

yoothgeye said:
jats said:

I know NOTHING about disc brakes. My SS 29er has disc brakes, but I just ride that bike. This is all new to me. I have no idea what a positron solid cable is.
Schwinn's attempt at a click shift in the early 80's, instead of stranded cable they were made of spring wire

Smoopy's said:
GLWB Yooth... :D

Thanks man, and now (since I read it quick) I know what a positron cable is... it's old. :D

The upstairs little bike shop is turning into a pretty cozy little place. Carpet on floor, fridge full of diet cola, a stool, peg boards to hang parts and tools, etc... Now if I can actually get to work on my bike. Actually I did set up the polishing bench grinder... errr... bench polisher and polished my stem bar clamp pieces.

null-12.jpg

Nice bunch of build off fodder Justin, I think that's the stem I grabbed for you. The bars and the PorkChop goods are sweet, love the green. Just don't see green anodized parts used that often :wink:

Dangit yooth, you are pretty much building my exact plan for the upcoming UGV Buildoff.

I haven't been around here lately, didn't even know the Build off was going on....

King Zebba said:
A bike shop in the house!!!!! Man I'm jealous! Very cool! 8)

I think it's more like a bike shop... in the house ... above his bike shop ...

I hear he calls the bathroom the "parts room"

Latest posts

Back