☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker Competition (PRIMER PAGE 5)

CCR said:
Looking good Justin, nice job on the seat tube patch up, you have no shortage of build off fodder that's for sure !!! Looking forward to some more paint :!:

I'm taking my time on the paint, there will be a lot of masking involved and with multiple coats, the masking will have to stay on for a while, so I want to make sure each coat cures before I mask so that I'm not removing paint when it comes time to unmask.

Re: ☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker Competition (PRIMER PAGE 5)

I had about an hour to kill in the shop. Not enough time to work on my build off bike, so I played around with what will be Klunker #2.

Start with a cantilever Huffy Good Vibrations mens frame. Made in USA, it has a longer top tube than one of my Murray cantilever frames.
null-43.jpg

Cut out the cantilever tubes:
null-42.jpg

Now, find a piece of tubing with the same outside diameter as the frame and notch it to fit, I use my angle grinder for all my fitting:
null-41.jpg

Weld in place:
null-40.jpg

Next I sprayed some white paint on it (just so you could see it against the "night" backdrop, and mock some parts onto it:
null-39.jpg

I think it's a pretty convincing tank frame for ZERO investment except for an hour of my time (and my neighbor's time since I was grinding, cutting, and welding from 10:30 to 11:30pm):
null-37.jpg

Re: ☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker (OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN! pg 6)

Sweet canti-straight switcharoo!!!
I bet your neighbor loves you now!

loudboys said:
Dude!! What's up with the cantilever hate crimes?

I have more canti frames than tank frames, I'm trying to equalize my collection.

Is it just me or is youthgeye a bit quite and pacing it out this year :?: :? :)

Funkme said:

I do this every year, I'm just sharing my distractions this time around instead of keeping them to myself. Earlier in the day I took an old Schwinn Continental and made it a single speed. Hopefully I can sell it to some hipster to get some cash to buy a couple more parts from PorkchopBMX.com

I like what you did with that Huffy frame! :D

BO bike looks nice too :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
Hopefully I can sell it to some hipster to get some cash to buy a couple more parts from PorkchopBMX.com

I wish you wouldn't remind me about Porkchop. My browser keeps wandering over to their site and stopping on the chainwheel page. I really don't need a smaller, cool looking aluminum chainwheel on the Corvette, but it would be easier to pedal on the hills around here, and it would look so good.

yoothgeye said:
Funkme said:

I do this every year, I'm just sharing my distractions this time around instead of keeping them to myself. Earlier in the day I took an old Schwinn Continental and made it a single speed. Hopefully I can sell it to some hipster to get some cash to buy a couple more parts from PorkchopBMX.com
More money more honey.... :mrgreen:

So, you're building a fleet for RRBBO8? :lol:

Terry66 said:

Yeah, maybe come voting time people will remember one of the MANY bikes I built and just vote for one of them.

yoothgeye said:
Terry66 said:

Yeah, maybe come voting time people will remember one of the MANY bikes I built and just vote for one of them.
:lol:

If you met me in person you would see that I talk a lot and barely keep on topic, so that is reflected in my posting.

tin machine said:
I have went thru your build so far yooth , macter of fact I went thru it twice :

Mission accomplished, say no more. :p :lol:

Looking good for a future Klunker pilot.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

cman said:
Looking good for a future Klunker pilot.

Thanks, I rode my Klunker #1 to the store today, nice bike, can't wait to have the fleet together.

Re: ☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - PINCH BOLT NEEDED pg7

OK, I promise I'm working on this bike, I have a couple hold ups:

1. The missing pinch bolt.

2. Nobody around here can bend a piece of 3/4" round tube 180 degrees for me.

Right now I'm doing some masking, first I cut up my roll.
null-13-1.jpg

Then I start removing the pieces and placing them on:
null-12-1.jpg

Still going.
null-11-1.jpg

Still going... :?
null-10-1.jpg

I have to do the whole frame, then spray on more paint and do it all over again!

Latest posts

Back