☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Well, it's been another eventful Build-Off, my third one and they are always fun. I've been more busy this summer than usual, so I didn't get to put lots of time into this build, but it was a pretty basic bike, so I'm very happy with the results. Klunkers are a lot of fun to build, and to ride, so here are the final photos:

Build Thread here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72008

IMG_3787.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

IMG_3790.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg

IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

Detail Shots:
IMG_3794.jpg

IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3869.jpg

IMG_3870.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg

IMG_3872.jpg

Credits:

-1936 Roadmaster frame, given to me by member Terry66, thanks man.
-NOS DG MX handlebars given to me by my brother-in-law, thanks!
-Persons saddle bought from member Beatcad
-Stem bought from member CCR
-Chopsaw chainring, valve stem caps, Oury grips, and seatpost from PorkchopBMX.com, thanks for great parts, great prices, and amazing shipping and customer service.
-Headbadge and RRB.com sticker from member RatRod, thanks for this site!

Rest of bike is a conglomeration of parts and pieces I found in my shop.

Let's do this again next year. :mrgreen:

Dang this good looking bike will be hard to find in snow and fog conditions, on the salt flats or white sand beaches. You may want to add a GPS locator. Great job, especially on the digital camo paint.

Nice work there buddy! That storm trooper background is perfect too.
Where is the action shot?????
congRATs!!!!

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
great bike dude. Nice job.

Thanks IIFIFM!

MazdaFlyer said:
Dang this good looking bike will be hard to find in snow and fog conditions, on the salt flats or white sand beaches. You may want to add a GPS locator. Great job, especially on the digital camo paint.

Not much snow here and no white sand beaches or salt flats, so I should be good, if not, the green accents should help me find it.

kingfish254 said:
Nice work there buddy! That storm trooper background is perfect too.
Where is the action shot?????
congRATs!!!!

Glad you liked the background, I don't know when it ended up on the side of that little convenience store, but I've had my eye on it for a while. Action shots should be coming soon, I took some today, but they didn't turn out well since it rained last night (no dust) and my daughter wasn't comfortable using the DSLR.

Double Nickle said:

Classic Double Nickle reply.

bebopblu said:
Love the stance and paint came out awesome...should be great fun to ride

Thanks, I have a chain link about to let go, so I need to snap that back in place before I really romp on it. Also, I have the wrong sized headset bearings on it, I tried to get the right ones but no luck, so I will instead swap out the headtube cups so that I can more easily source bearings.

I said it before and I'll say it again...coolest paint job in the build-off! :D Nice job, Justin! :wink:

Now I want a klunker :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I said it before and I'll say it again...coolest paint job in the build-off! :D Nice job, Justin! :wink:

Thanks man, I just wish you could have built another bike this year, a young builder like yourself is very inspirational... and you do one HECK of a job building cool bikes.

Yes, you need a Klunker!

I have the parts ready to build another one, then trying to plan one after that. So I have the build-off Klunker, the other I made during the build-off, and the old Schwinn Klunker5 I just bought... I NEED MORE! haha

Thanks, I really appreciate it :D

By the way...this is getting one of my votes :wink: It's just too cool!! 8) 8)

yoothgeye said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

Thanks man, I just wish you could have built another bike this year, a young builder like yourself is very inspirational... and you do one HECK of a job building cool bikes.

Yes, you need a Klunker!

I have the parts ready to build another one, then trying to plan one after that. So I have the build-off Klunker, the other I made during the build-off, and the old Schwinn Klunker5 I just bought... I NEED MORE! haha

Love it! Looks like a fun ride!!!

Laurie

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
By the way...this is getting one of my votes :wink: It's just too cool!! 8) 8)

Man, thanks, that means so much!

Laurie Thom said:
Love it! Looks like a fun ride!!!

Laurie

It truly is, thanks Laurie.

old_skool said:
Very cool - nice looking klunker with a really unique paint job 8)

Thank you, I'd love to see a BMX company start offering this paint scheme.

Latest posts

Back