☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:39:Your not going to use one of RM'S tanks are you?
There kinds a spacey lookin...:rofl::grin:
I like the idea of the half tank,(original)
twin60.jpg

Zspictures105-1.jpg

Simplistic also works.
images

I actually don't care for the tanks that Elgin used on these. The frame loses some of its magic with them.

While I am looking forward to all of the TRM tank builds, I am not joining the gang.
I'm a loner FunkMe, a rebel.

As much as everyone likes the Evanaction fork, I am going a different route.

WP_20150508_16_17_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20150508_16_17_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20150508_16_18_06_Pro.jpg

Just kidding, but I couldn't resist trying it out.

By all means stick with the Evans and get yourself a bow tie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said in the tiny writing below my photos. "Just kidding, but I couldn't resist trying it out."
No way am I going to build a chopper Elgin Twin. Of course I am sticking with the Evanaction fork.
I found this cool pic of Reagan riding an Elgin Twin.
reagan.jpg

Nobody ever reads the small print.;)

I agree with you on the original tanks,I find they look out of place(to low).I guess they did that,so it wouldn't take the design look from the stem wings.

It is going to be a interesting build with all RM's tanks in the mix...
The RM tank stand-off...:crazy:

Chop and rake the headtube... I dare you. ;)

This cracked me up best laugh I have had this week!
Still find myself staring at that frame, hang it on the
wall as a treasured piece of art!

Chop and rake the headtube... I dare you. ;)

Actually, I was thinking of bending the Evanaction forks Kota style and turning this into a lowrider. :crazy:

I am in again. No mockups yet (since I am still on the West Coast). I have a build name VerBoten, but it's not really a theme or anything. All I know so far is that I plan on using my Elgin Twin frame and an Evanaction springer and some other parts to be determined later. I'll update more of what my thoughts/plans are for this build once I am back home and not working.

View attachment 9945 View attachment 9946
I've never seen a springer like that...it has to be the coolest I've ever seen...LOVE IT!!!! Are these easy to find or are they hens teeth? Barto

I've never seen a springer like that...it has to be the coolest I've ever seen...LOVE IT!!!! Are these easy to find or are they hens teeth? Barto

You don't see Evanaction springers very often. I haven't researched them, but I seem to remember that they may have only been made for a couple of years.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO MRS. B FOR LOVING THE SECOND BIGGEST KID IN THE WORLD!! NAMASTE

Latest posts

Back