☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like where this is going. I see what you mean about the room between the 24" tire and the fork crown. Looks like enough space to slip a stealthy headlight in there.

I was already thinking that. The headlight I wanted to try is a pair, so I may have an over/under light.

I still have these lights that I originally bought for Flexy but never used.
WP_002271.jpg

WP_002276.jpg

Yeah I wouldn't have used them either...looks like Johnny 5 is alive...lol

Carl.

Yeah I wouldn't have used them either...looks like Johnny 5 is alive...lol

Carl.

Yeah too much like robotic eyeballs side by side. I think that one on top of the Evanaction shroud may play well with the bat wing springer piece. We'll see.

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one is for a woman's bike so it'll have to be shortened, I've had this one a few years now. I saw one just go on ebay a few days back, it went for nearly something like $325.00, not including shipping.:13: That's Crazy! They are hard to come by for sure.

So you have one that is too long. Maybe we should trade?

Just scored something extra sweet for the Elgin thanks to a heads up from a friend.
This is most of a slightly beat up headtube shroud. This is gonna be a fun addition.

10983169_1075061405855852_3301024547888478015_o.jpg
11209517_1075061409189185_9078423999954698304_n.jpg

Wow that is a sweet score! Your bike coming together really nice. Those forks, that frame, the lights, and now this! Dude... just, Dude :113::thumbsup:

Thanks man. This shroud wasn't even in my mind, but it just popped up. Oh yeah, I forgot about the light photo. I pulled out one of the headlights I talked about and held it in place to see if it might work.

WP_20150511_21_16_22_Pro.jpg
WP_20150511_21_16_14_Pro.jpg

What are those light's off of? I've never seen those before, those are neat.
They are off of an Advanced Auto Parts store shelf. I first saw them when @ChrisMac used one on his build in BO6.

Last edited:
More pics to come, but I just had an idea. I wonder if I can use a threaded to threadless adapter to extend the steer tube?
Those extension adapters will still require that the steer tube is secured by a top nut on the head tube I believe. Now you've given me something to think about for the morning....maybe I can help YOU out for once! :happy:

Latest posts

Back