☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kingfish this bike is mind-blowingly fabulous!..:thumbsup:

Was so much fun to watch your process on this. Love the way you show a lot of what you're thinking along the way rather than just the final choice. Def learned some things from watching you.

Looks like you had a great ride today. Love the vids. Man that courtyard is nice!
:forum:I made the 1000th post here!

Looks good in that grass!

And the last post on the 50th page. I was wondering if he'd make 50 pages by the end. Nice going!

Kingfish this bike is mind-blowingly fabulous!..:thumbsup:

Was so much fun to watch your process on this. Love the way you show a lot of what you're thinking along the way rather than just the final choice. Def learned some things from watching you.

Looks like you had a great ride today. Love the vids. Man that courtyard is nice!

And the last post on the 50th page. I was wondering if he'd make 50 pages by the end. Nice going!

Thanks man, It's just the way that I build. I throw all of the pics on here for my own review, and also to illicit feedback from others. I don't hide much. It's all out there. What a blast this whole build off has been. And yes, today's ride was a lot of fun.

Here are some more pics from the ride.

WP_20150802_13_27_59_Pro.jpg
WP_20150802_14_03_10_Pro.jpg
WP_20150802_16_56_46_Pro.jpg
WP_20150802_17_06_25_Pro.jpg
WP_20150802_17_52_52_Pro.jpg
WP_20150802_17_55_16_Pro.jpg
WP_20150802_18_35_54_Pro.jpg

Congrats King!
A lot has been said about how great Verboten is, and how great the build was to follow etc...

But that just leaves one thing for me to say...

King... I want your bike.

Luke.

Beautiful B!! I didn't get a chance to respond on the finished page. It's a work of art brother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

There's that kid with the new bike face! :happy:

Looks like some great cruisin' down there.:thumbsup:

I was grinning all day yesterday riding around.
Savannah is a great town for riding around or being a tourist in general. We have less than 300K people, but we had over 12 Million Tourists last year!

Congrats King!
A lot has been said about how great Verboten is, and how great the build was to follow etc...

But that just leaves one thing for me to say...

King... I want your bike.

Luke.

I volunteer to go to Savannah to pick it up.
May take a few years to save up the fare though.

Thanks guys, if either of you actually made that trip I would be tempted to give you my bike.

Beautiful B!! I didn't get a chance to respond on the finished page. It's a work of art brother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks brother! Another fun notch in our belts.

Turquoise was the perfect color for this bike (happens to be one of my wife's favorite colors, too :thumbsup:)! Simple and clean but the details are spot on and it's downright beautiful. This build is cold-blooded :41:!!!!!

Thanks my friend. I wasn't sure I would be able to pull off three colors, but I really like how they play off each other.

One thing that I discovered with the 1930s Troxel when I rode it was occasionally my 250+ pounds would make it bottom out. The seat is just restored too nicely for me to use as a rider, so I decided to change it out. I loved the red, so I bought one of these.

redsaddle.jpg

Not as nice as the old long spring, but I think it still fits in well with the styling of VerBoten.
The weather was awesome today, so I swapped saddles and went for a ride.

WP_20150913_15_29_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20150913_15_45_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20150913_16_02_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20150913_16_08_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20150913_16_27_37_Pro.jpg

That bike is just so cool... when you first mocked it with the fender shields I wasen't a fan but now, Phew they look sweet.

That bike is just so cool... when you first mocked it with the fender shields I wasen't a fan but now, Phew they look sweet.

Thanks man. The skirts get a lot of attention. Did you see teh pics of the trophy that @Funkme made for me? It's got skirts and even a bit of soup can.
It's really a nice riding cruiser too. I'm loving the kickback hub too.

WP_20150913_14_35_33_Pro.jpg

BIG BUTT STRIKES AGAIN!!!

When I got back from my ride a couple of weeks ago, I knew something didn't feel right about the seat angle. Open further inspection, I realized that my big butt had bent the unique seat clamp of the Elgin. UGH!!!
If you look at this pic, you can see how it is angled back. It is supposed to be perpindicular to the frame at that spot. I looked over the photos from the ride and you can see it get worse and worse until it was at this angle at the end of my ride.

WP_20150926_16_28_03_Pro.jpg

I am confident that I can repair it, but I don't have the time to do that right now and I wanted to ride VerBoten in Saturday's Savannah Bicycle Campaign's Midnight Garden Ride with a few hundred other bikes.

Luckily for me, I actually have another Elgin Twin Bar. Tonight I stole the seat clamp from the Twin that I bought from bighit and wire wheeled the orange paint from it. But I am not going to bend this one. I am going back to my original bowrail braced seat post. This should be plenty strong enough.

WP_20151009_20_03_48_Pro.jpg

King,
That post is not going to give you any more problems! LOL

It's actually the same post setup that I had right up until two weeks before the end of the Build Off.

WP_20150718_11_49_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20151009_20_03_48_Pro.jpg

Latest posts

Back