♠ RRB WELCOMES 3G BIKES!!!! ♠

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm currently looking at buying a men's Newport & am trying to decide between two bikes. The dealer I'm working with has two left in one speed. Standard Newport graphite on graphite & a Deluxe Newport in Matte Black with Red rims. Both are being offered at $339 plus tax. Being new to this I'd appreciate any advise available. Also, I understand the deluxe has a wider rim. Is this just for aesthetics or are there any true function/ longevity advantages to the wider rims. Thanks in advance!
go with the Newport deluxe. you will like the wider rims and tires.

I'm not positive if I got a Newport or not, but it has the xlarge frame and 50mm wheels. It is my favorite bike!
39234a44384d49db236d6603bc007822.jpg

Thanks for the replies & advice. I just purchased the Newport deluxe with the wide rims. It also has the checkerboard pattern.

Can't do pictures yet, here's the deal...my wife is the one who wanted a beach cruiser & thought it was something that would be fun to do together. I really didn't have an interest in getting one for myself. So after looking at what both Target & Walmart had to offer, I checked out the local bike shop & saw how well made the 3G bikes are. Also, they were priced very competitively from what I understand. So last week I bought her the one speed Newport (she didn't want any frills, 3 speed etc.) as a Christmas present, so she doesn't know she's getting it. While in the shop, the owner told me he'd give me a deal on a second bike as he wanted to move some of his current stock so I took the bait. Not going to pick them up until Dec. 24th.

Latest posts

Back