♠ RRB WELCOMES 3G BIKES!!!! ♠

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their website showed a picture of a bike with a double top tube and no cantilever tubes as a back ground image. Sort of like a Van Dessel Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (the abreviation of which this site will not allow). But I didn't see it actually listed on the product page. That's a frame I'd be interested in, rather than yet another copy/interpretation of a cantilever design...

My brother bought one of these while in California. It is an awesome bike. It is super smooth. Unlike most cruisers you can actually ride a wheelie on it fairly easily. It is a large bike and weighs probably less than my '77 schwinn scrambler bmx bike.

3G is a great bike!

I rented one of these when I was on vacation in Annamaria Island. My at-home cruiser is an electra straight 8, and the first thing i noticed about these bad boys is the size. I'm 6 foot 4 and it fit me fine! My electra is a bit too small. Still though, considering it was a beach rental....it rode real nice.

I agree, this bike is bigger than my Electra Lakester...which is the same design as the Straight 8.

I'm going to have this bike at the show in Garland on the 27th for folks to check out and test ride.

Once you see it in person and ride it, you'll want one. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Once you see it in person and ride it, you'll want one. :wink:

Then someone remind me not to ride one. All I need is a ride on a bike that makes me hate all my other bikes. :mrgreen:

It's ok but out of my price range.

What I don't like is all of the little bottom tubes, threadless forks & stems, I like my paint with a mirror like shine not dull on new bikes, all beach cruisers should always have wide white or any other colored walls but if it's going to be just black or whatever no colored lettering.

I also don't like the built in part of all frames made to put the cables in but I do like the placement of those cables, I don't like the down tube, I like the early 3 speed grip shifters but not those even the grips themselves and I don't like 3 piece cranks.

Sorry for saying what I don't like but if I actually had the money I would be buying what I want not what I don't.

Hey, Kingmat, check out the Santa Cruz model. 2-spd kickback option, you could always paint it yourself. 8)

Santa_Cruz_MattBlack_Ed.jpg

I work in a bike shop that sell Phat, Jamis Boss and Giant Simple cruisers. My buddy bought a 3G from the competition and I took it for a spin. I hate to admit it,,, but I loved it. I'm just shy of 6'-3" and it fit like a glove, and rode super smooth.

but here's my problem, the competition that sell these in my town is a surf shop. These guys bolt them together out of the box with a crecent wrench and a pair of pliers. Really not 3G's fault other than they might need to keep an eye on distribution or at least in my town the bikes are going to end up with a bad name. The Surf shop doesnt do repairs so We end up doing simple adjustments.

Like I said,,, love their product. I still try to push potential customers towards our bikes, but if they ask for a 3G I tell them where they can find one.

Vipon said:
I work in a bike shop that sell Phat, Jamis Boss and Giant Simple cruisers. My buddy bought a 3G from the competition and I took it for a spin. I hate to admit it,,, but I loved it. I'm just shy of 6'-3" and it fit like a glove, and rode super smooth.

but here's my problem, the competition that sell these in my town is a surf shop. These guys bolt them together out of the box with a crecent wrench and a pair of pliers. Really not 3G's fault other than they might need to keep an eye on distribution or at least in my town the bikes are going to end up with a bad name. The Surf shop doesnt do repairs so We end up doing simple adjustments.

Like I said,,, love their product. I still try to push potential customers towards our bikes, but if they ask for a 3G I tell them where they can find one.

I hope 3G is listening to this, dealer assembly should be addressed to keep their name intact. I read once that this is one of the main reasons that Schwinn has the name it has today, not that they were necessarily better quality (I don't think they are) but that they had professional assembly where as many department store bikes were put together by dad late at night December 24th in a living room.

SUPER, SUPER CLEAN-n-NICE....Details, Details, Details on every corner....Very Impressive.....!!!!!

Love the way this frame is put together, and love the copper wheels/ accents ,I love so many things about this bike,don't get wrong . However at risk of being in the bathtub, "Built not bought",seems to be our motto, and I'm unsure this fits the criteria. Maybe I'm just playing this month's zealous card but...

Island Life Trading is the new 3G Bikes dealership in St. Augustine, Florida. Under new ownership by a local mechanical engineer who digs St. Augustine and 3G bikes, Island Life has increased inventory of 3G bikes and is featuring the Deluxe models in Matt Black & Copper, single and 3-speed. This is an amazing bike manufactured by 3G.

With increased inventory and an off-site assembly & tuning shop operated by technicians with 30 years experience, Island Life Trading is providing the service, quality and professionalism these great bikes are known for.

http://www.3gbikes.com/bikes/newport/me ... copper.jpg

Missing Link said:
Love the way this frame is put together, and love the copper wheels/ accents ,I love so many things about this bike,don't get wrong . However at risk of being in the bathtub, "Built not bought",seems to be our motto, and I'm unsure this fits the criteria. Maybe I'm just playing this month's zealous card but...

I'm sort of fighting against having any mottos for the site...just restricts things too much. :D

Hey Island Life, I didn't realize you guys were under new ownership,

I dig St. Augustine and bikes as well,, and skateboards. I bought mine from you. Like I said I love the 3G bike and if you guys are putting them together and tuning, it will be great for the bike scene here in town.

Welcome to Ratrodbikes

Port Aransas, wow, never woulda guessed that in a million (well, maybe not a million) years. Cool stuff.

Latest posts

Back