1/2 good and 1/2 bad stingray????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok -- I got this for a good price but now I am wondering. It has nearly perfect paint on 1/2 of the bike and the other half ... not so much. It was a 5 speed stik. I have a new fork but I am concerned about a few areas and I wanted to see what you guys think and how you would handle it. I really don't like to repaint bikes!unless it is unavoidable.

Attachments

• IMG_4036.JPG
    IMG_4036.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_4037.JPG
    IMG_4037.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_4038.JPG
    IMG_4038.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_4039.JPG
    IMG_4039.JPG
    379.2 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_4040.JPG
    IMG_4040.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 349
It looks like half the bike was sticking out of garage for years and the other half was not! That looks like some bad rust on head post. Sand it down and see what you have. If it is really bad maybe some Tig welding and some serious sanding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap -- so how do I paint a big area like that ???? Won't it look bad?

First of all you said you got it for a good price . Either clean it up a bit and use it or sandblast and powder coat it the color you want. Either way just remember you got it at a good price. ...... I bought a nice old convertible Westfield with a broken frame. I was looking for a frame to put Tank , Fenders ,Rack etc on and I found a Complete bike same color rider missing the fenders etc . So I switched everything and scrapped the broken frame. I bought it right and got what I wanted.

I Soum a huge wad of touch up paint would look really bad correct ?

And the reason this bike is not being ridden as it is ? Is it really rare one of 7,00000000000 bikes ? It wants you to take it to the park tomorrow :) I see a movie in the making "elephant bike"

I Soum a huge wad of touch up paint would look really bad correct ?
Will look like a huge was of touch up paint...
i think a good wiping and alot of the scary orange will go away...
Depends if plan sell or for you.
For sale, unless your going do the ray the whole way I'd not touch it... Then again doing it all they will end up citing why you could sell it for...
I'd enjoy it as is.
Really strange market if not involved.
I've poked at it and honestly the costs put me right back on vintage balooners.

And the reason this bike is not being ridden as it is ? Is it really rare one of 7,00000000000 bikes ? It wants you to take it to the park tomorrow :) I see a movie in the making "elephant bike"

Love the rat look myself but I would not not ride or drop some serious money into it until I knew the frame was solid and could support me. The rust around the head post would worry me until I knew how much of the rust was superficial and how much was not.

JM2C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back