• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1"threaded disc brake fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i am looking for a 1" threaded fork cruiser style chrome or painted with disc brake tabs failing that i know at one time there were kits available to convert a 1" threaded frame to use a 1 1/8 thread less fork bearings and cups were the most important part of the kit would like to get my hands on both or either

this is a maybe 10 year old MTB have sent them an email asking what the id of my head tube needs to be so this will work
From their description

Retro Ryder Headset.

With this headset, you can run an 1 1/8 NON-Tapered fork in an older bike that normally takes a American "Standard" 1" threaded headset (32.5mm). Fits old Schwinns and other American cruiser bikes, some bmx bikes and some older mountain bikes. This means it won't fit everything, you'll have to measure the inside diameter of your head tube to see if it will work

yeah i am stripping the frame down tomorrow so i can send it out to be blasted will take my vernier and measure the head tube this frame has been fighting me seat post didn't want to come out alum seat post steel frame but i showed it where the bear .... in the buckwheat with this little gizmo worked like a charm

Attachments

• DSCF8030 (1).JPG
    DSCF8030 (1).JPG
    380 KB · Views: 70
i have been wrenching on bikes my entire life and this is the first time i have ever encountered a 25.8 mm seat post i guess it a pretty normal size after doing some research just have never seen one

yeah i am stripping the frame down tomorrow so i can send it out to be blasted will take my vernier and measure the head tube this frame has been fighting me seat post didn't want to come out alum seat post steel frame but i showed it where the bear .... in the buckwheat with this little gizmo worked like a charm
Welcome to RRB, Bob. :thumbsup:
Hey, more pics of that thing in action, please. Some kind of slide hammer? :39:

actually we welded a heavy duty arm and gusset to an old pair of vise grips on to that we welded a round piece of pipe i stick to round blunt anvil of my air hammer in that cup formed by the pipe that prevents air hammer from bouncing around
pull the trigger a couple of times and its "come to poppa" i have used about 5 or 6 times now with good success i find if i put a second pair of vise grips around the seat tube and tap it down into the frame just a very small amount that helps to break the corrosion loose them i clamp the gizmo to the seat post and hammer up i had one case where it was really stubborn i showed the seat post the business end of a 24" aluminum pipe wrench twisted it around twice went back to my air hammer gizmo and the seat post started to see it my way
i will send some more pics of this gizmo in action today if i can get around to it

i realize this post has gone off topic if some moderator wants to move it to a more appropriate forum thats cool i should have kept on topic

Latest posts

Back