1. We will be upgrading the forum software on Monday evening. During this time the forum may be down for several hours. Thanks for your patience while we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

10 rusty bikes followed me home

Discussion in 'FRESH FINDS' started by streetpirate, Oct 15, 2011.

1. streetpirate

streetpirate

I've got some ideas for a couple of these, but I'm not in love with any of them. plus they're all pretty rusty.
    first up is this sears. it had a wire rack, huge troxel comfort seat, and a shimano 3 speed twist grip shifter that I already pulled off. bad repaint, dont know the age
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

next is 70's bmx #1. the rear dropouts are bent up but it has a cool rat trap and cool stem and bars
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sears spyder "super 44 drive" has the long huffy rail (iirc) frame and the apes are way bigger than the ones on my stingray. has a red band coaster
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here's 70's bmx #2. sadly, the seat pan is really rusty, but is still there enough for a template.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sears spyder 500 ladies bike. has regular back brakes plus a 5 speed drum brake wheel. the shifter was on the stem, like half of a ten speed shifter, but the lever is broken off and the derailer is missing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. streetpirate

streetpirate

for some reason I really like this one, it's a (I'm guessing) '66 ish bianchi bike that looks like a folding but isn't. I have some cool ideas brewing for this bike. the crappy point and shoot camera I was using didnt actually take the picture of the whole bike so you have to use your imagination

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the '66 sturmey aw that makes me guess on the year
    [​IMG]

I'm calling this the 1982 wald bike, as the stickers are still on the bars and stem. lester mags, several rattle can repaints.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

70's bmx bike #3. used to have a plastic back fender and the plastic front fender is in good shape but not shown

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. streetpirate

streetpirate

I really like this bike too, '59 ish (I'm guessing again) Hawthorne hercules. This bike reminds me of cantelever racer with the lugged frame and skinny tires. another possible builder for me

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sweet cast kickstand
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

last, a starfire 3 speed barracuda. I guess this is a ross?

[​IMG]
    funky shaped dropout (old crummy camera)
    [​IMG]
    GO BABY GO! what the heck is this button?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Slingshot Dude

Slingshot Dude

:mrgreen: how much for the rail lol!

5. Danimal

Danimal

The Rail is super cool and so is that 80's "wald" BMX. I would have taken those two for sure!

6. CycleTruck

CycleTruck

I didn't know that Wald offered complete bikes at one time :shock: ... it irritates me to no end that they STILL to this day, have all of the capability to manufacture great stuff for the bicycle biz, but continue to cut their line and refuse to innovate for bicycles. Great finds! :mrgreen:

7. Outlaw90

Outlaw90

Dude awesome find! those 70's BMX are awesome. good find on that Rail too man!

8. 1959firearrow

1959firearrow

I would love to have the wald or the superdrive if you ever let them go pm me

9. Motopecane

Motopecane

You wouldn't be interested in selling the rat-trap fork off the first 70's BMX would you?

PM me with a price if you do. Or if there is something you want to trade for.

10. tnt1

tnt1

I sent him a pm about one of the springers when he first posted this an never got a response

11. Motopecane

Motopecane

Dang.

12. streetpirate

streetpirate

the one rat trap I pulled off was really rusted on, I ended up cutting the nut off and got into the threads a little, but not so bad that a different nut didn't thread on. the back of the forks were cracked and the spring mount was covered in booger welds. Since that one was effed up I might hang on to it and make some different dropouts to clear a fat 26" tire (it almost fits). So yes, I will sell the other one, just dont get your panties in a twist. I go to school a couple hours away from where I have those bikes stashed and dont always have time to mess with them the one or two times a month that Im over there. Shoot me an offer on anything you're really interested in, and I'll make time when I get a chance to pull some parts.

13. tnt1

tnt1

Since you have to be so sarcastic about it im not interested even if it was free!

14. jaysmo

jaysmo

:lol:

15. kngtmat

kngtmat

:shock: Wow, dang those are nice and some rust but beautiful bikes.

16. c.p.odom

c.p.odom

The Bianchi folder is nice.

17. streetpirate

streetpirate

at least my sarcasm button was turned on

I really like the bianchi folder too, I'm gonna keep it and do something cool. the weird thing is that its not an actual folder, just that style.
    [​IMG]
    I found a picture of one just like it (not the one above, that folds) and was thinking the model name started with an "a" but can't find it now.

18. tnt1

tnt1

And your s/a button also

19. Illiterite Wino

Illiterite Wino

the red BMX looks allot like an old Huffy I used to have..