10 rusty bikes followed me home

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got some ideas for a couple of these, but I'm not in love with any of them. plus they're all pretty rusty.
first up is this sears. it had a wire rack, huge troxel comfort seat, and a shimano 3 speed twist grip shifter that I already pulled off. bad repaint, dont know the age
DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

next is 70's bmx #1. the rear dropouts are bent up but it has a cool rat trap and cool stem and bars
DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

sears spyder "super 44 drive" has the long huffy rail (iirc) frame and the apes are way bigger than the ones on my stingray. has a red band coaster
DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

and here's 70's bmx #2. sadly, the seat pan is really rusty, but is still there enough for a template.
DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

sears spyder 500 ladies bike. has regular back brakes plus a 5 speed drum brake wheel. the shifter was on the stem, like half of a ten speed shifter, but the lever is broken off and the derailer is missing.

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

for some reason I really like this one, it's a (I'm guessing) '66 ish bianchi bike that looks like a folding but isn't. I have some cool ideas brewing for this bike. the crappy point and shoot camera I was using didnt actually take the picture of the whole bike so you have to use your imagination

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

the '66 sturmey aw that makes me guess on the year
DSCF0058.jpg

I'm calling this the 1982 wald bike, as the stickers are still on the bars and stem. lester mags, several rattle can repaints.

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

70's bmx bike #3. used to have a plastic back fender and the plastic front fender is in good shape but not shown

DSCF0071.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0076.jpg

I really like this bike too, '59 ish (I'm guessing again) Hawthorne hercules. This bike reminds me of cantelever racer with the lugged frame and skinny tires. another possible builder for me

DSCF0078.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

sweet cast kickstand
DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

last, a starfire 3 speed barracuda. I guess this is a ross?

DSCF0084.jpg

funky shaped dropout (old crummy camera)
DSCF0086.jpg

GO BABY GO! what the heck is this button?
DSCF0087.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

DSCF0091.jpg

I didn't know that Wald offered complete bikes at one time :shock: ... it irritates me to no end that they STILL to this day, have all of the capability to manufacture great stuff for the bicycle biz, but continue to cut their line and refuse to innovate for bicycles. Great finds! :mrgreen:

You wouldn't be interested in selling the rat-trap fork off the first 70's BMX would you?

PM me with a price if you do. Or if there is something you want to trade for.

the one rat trap I pulled off was really rusted on, I ended up cutting the nut off and got into the threads a little, but not so bad that a different nut didn't thread on. the back of the forks were cracked and the spring mount was covered in booger welds. Since that one was effed up I might hang on to it and make some different dropouts to clear a fat 26" tire (it almost fits). So yes, I will sell the other one, just dont get your panties in a twist. I go to school a couple hours away from where I have those bikes stashed and dont always have time to mess with them the one or two times a month that Im over there. Shoot me an offer on anything you're really interested in, and I'll make time when I get a chance to pull some parts.

tnt1 said:
Since you have to be so sarcastic about it im not interested even if it was free!
at least my sarcasm button was turned on

I really like the bianchi folder too, I'm gonna keep it and do something cool. the weird thing is that its not an actual folder, just that style.
IMG_0282.jpg

I found a picture of one just like it (not the one above, that folds) and was thinking the model name started with an "a" but can't find it now.

Latest posts

Back