100 miles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipton

Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ever since I took the 78 miles ride back in June I have wanted to ride 100 miles.
June ride here.... http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...unch-with-xc204-oldgreaser.84113/#post-823024

So Friday @Boonies (Christoper) and I rode out to Aurora IL, for some great cheeseburgers at Two Brother's Roundhouse.

We rode most of the trip on the
Illinois Prairie Path. Started out hot and humid, but while we had lunch a major thunderstorm rolled passed and cooled it off to the low 70's

I know its short of a 100 miles but the phone battery stopped on the corner of
Cortland and Long st.
That's 8 miles from my house!

Snack time! 35 miles out... 90 and humid... who needs
performance fabric when you can have cotton;)

Nature break.

So nice to have @XC204 meet us in Batvia and ride down the Fox river for lunch.

Gary showed us a great section of the Prairie path that saved us a few miles:thumbsup:
and even kept us behind the stroms.

Gary filling up on electricity:)

Got to have a selfie:rolleyes:

Most of the path is crushed limestone.... so glad I bought a hipster clip on fender
Thursday.

I was going to wash the bike first thing this morning but I
decided to leave it covered in dry limestone soup for a day or two.... sign of pride.... like salt from Bonneville:cool:
BIG THANKS! to
Christopher for coming out on the ride!
Thanks again to Gary for meeting us for lunch.

Thanks for looking!

Congrats on the century ride! Not easy on a $10,000.00 carbon road bike. Awesome on a vintage RAT. That is on my bucket list:)

Impressive! :praise:

I did a 40 miler on one of my rats :whistle:... Maybe someday I'll step it up to a hunge.....

Fun seeing you guys! And wow on your milage! I'll try and work on my directions East West whatever!
See you guys soon.

Holy smokes! Incredible. And on crushed stone too. You guys are hard core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice ride, my jealous self wants to do a coast ride here, around a century each way. Not on limestone, vintage, or single speed! Hard core you are!

Dang, I am struggling to ride 100 miles in a WEEK!!! 100 miles in a day blows my mind but one day I will get there, I hope LOL

Just wanted to let you know, this motivated me, today was my day off and I had 3 hours of "me time" after I dropped the little one off at pre-school (other 2 in elementary), so I flipped the wheel on my fixie and added a freewheel, hit the road just wanting to do some distance, I never ride long distance, so this was a test. I ended up doing 36 miles in about 2.5 hours. It was nice. Thanks, now I want to work up to 100! I strategically chose places with fewer hills, but still had some single speed climbs, the last hour was fighting a head wind and I hate that.

Just wanted to let you know, this motivated me, today was my day off and I had 3 hours of "me time" after I dropped the little one off at pre-school (other 2 in elementary), so I flipped the wheel on my fixie and added a freewheel, hit the road just wanting to do some distance, I never ride long distance, so this was a test. I ended up doing 36 miles in about 2.5 hours. It was nice. Thanks, now I want to work up to 100! I strategically chose places with fewer hills, but still had some single speed climbs, the last hour was fighting a head wind and I hate that.
Right On for sure! Nice work strong head wind on a single speed can be hard work. looks like you made good time:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back