16" Huffman-Final shots posted

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 16" Huffman-Update-First downhill footage

Thanks.

It's hard to tell if it is working while she is riding, but when she just sits on the bike it definitely moves.

When I was on it it was working and probably only bottomed out when I was actually skidding. Although I was so focused on not falling off that I wasn't paying too much attention to the suspension.

This is possibly my favorite build this build off! I love the kids involvement! My kids are dieing to do one each! You need to frame that pic of her in the green striped pajamas and purple boots. The first one, 3/4 shot, mid slide. EPIC!

The striped PJs make the photo!! I added it to the Highlight reel.

IMG_1463.jpg

River City Speed said:
This is possibly my favorite build this build off! I love the kids involvement! My kids are dieing to do one each! You need to frame that pic of her in the green striped pajamas and purple boots. The first one, 3/4 shot, mid slide. EPIC!

Absolutely, I love the helmet-stripey jammies-bootie slippers combo. :lol:

Butch gets some love...

I did this the same day as the test skids but kept the posts separate since those of you with more than one kid know how sibling rivalry can get.

Got the lay back seatpost finished.

And the chain on along with a girl power sticker.

And the seat mounted.

More shots...

And one of the pair.

Re: 16" Huffman-Butch getting wrapped up

Luke thank you.

Maybe I'll go ahead and enter this guy instead of either one of the two. :wink:

Just picked up a matching 20" and it's already Klunkerized. It needs a seat rework and of course a skiptooth drivetrain but not much else.

Nice thing about a postwar Huffy is that there are a few of them still around. This one is from '48. So that makes a '48, '49 and a '52.

Actually I'll enter the Klunker as planned. I like both but the other one seems a bit more common to this site, not that that is a bad thing in any way. Plus according to my daughter the 'cartoon bike' as she calls it is nice to look at but very hard to ride. :lol:

Re: 16" Huffman-Quick sidetrack-NYC

Not part of the build off I know but thought some of you might be interested.

I've been in NYC this week for business and my wife was able to come along last weekend. We spent the good part of a day riding the Citibikes. It let us cover a lot of ground and they were reasonable and easy to use.

Tons of kiosks on lower Manhattan, I would guess about 200 of them with parking for 20-30 bikes each.

The bikes themselves are super sturdy. Here are a few shots.

I had to wear my RRB shirt for the ride, pushing the brand a little for Steve, and the rest of us... :wink:

Lots of truss work on that bridge that Luke might appreciate too.

Back to another power slide test tomorrow. :)

Re: 16" Huffman-Quick sidetrack-NYC

If you are still inthe city, head over to Chelsea and check out the Highline Park on othe old elevated railbed.

Latest posts

Back