16 inch bmx tires from the 70's are they worth saving?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well my wife got me these 2 kids bikes for free(yup I got an awesome wife she gets me lol ) and where one is worth fixing and I have done so the other is a 70-s thunder road 16 inch version.
it is beat and I will probably just end up junking it.
but the tires on it are in good shape they are the older knobby tires not sure what their called but they have like square looking knobs on them.
both tires are decent and no major cracking at all so should I save these or just let them go?
both wheels are decent as well so I am undecided if I should keep them or just let them go.
thank
the tires are kinda like these treads but 16 inch version

any thoughts or ideas

this is the bike their from I have put the seat on it and reversed the forks but its rough and one of those cheesy frames like headstrom used to have so I do not see a point in fixing it up or am I missing something here?

I would clean it and fix it up. I think it's pretty cool looking.
Send it my way if you don't want it.. Also like to have them wheels on the first picture you posted if you don't want them either..
By any chance you have a picture of the Headstrom bike you have or had.?
Did it look like this one.?

the wheels in the first picture are not mine that was just a Google image I borrowed I wish I had motomags I would never part with them lol.
the headstrom I had awhile back was a red one and had the hard tires it as a very cheesy frame I made it into a sign for my shop hhen I was in Nebraska.
yeah I kind of want to fix the thunder road up but the forks are roached and I do not know where or how to find a replacement my wife got it and another one for free and I decided to keep this lil guy if it is worth fixing up I always wanted a thunder road now I got one in sorts lol.
I have not made a full decision on what u am going to do with it but for now it is in my project pile with my other pit bike im working on
here is the other guy that came with it I have this one sold though already was a quick flip all I did was replace the training wheels and air up the tires and lube it and clean it

here is the thunder road in it's current stage

it was in my pile but I pulled them out for a photo I have a lot of projects so I am not sure how long before I finish her up if I do

Nice come up on the little pit bike.. I have a few myself but the best one of them all is my GT Jr Performer that I got on a four bike deal off craigslist.
This one I built for myself and fun to ride..

Nice come up on the little pit bike.. I have a few myself but the best one of them all is my GT Jr Performer that I got on a four bike deal off craigslist.
This one I built for myself and fun to ride..
thanks that lil pit bike is taking some time but it is getting there im still waiting on a few parts I need for it I like tat lil guy you got there that things cool looking and looks like it will be fun to ride

Latest posts

Back