1900's Indian board track racer replica

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a replica of an early 1900's Indian board track racer using a modified Worksman INB frame, the engine is a 5HP 2 stroke from the 50's. I just finished stretching the frame 5.5" and hope to have the down tube finished tomorrow.

Frame_Jig.jpg

Frame_Stretch.jpg

Last edited:
Very coool. I have been thinking about doing the same with a worksman and another B&S.

so,,,,,,, missed whats in the background because of the coolness of the frame. Whats in the driveway?

Troy

so,,,,,,, missed whats in the background because of the coolness of the frame. Whats in the driveway?

Troy
One on the left is a 1937 Dodge pickup, the other is a 1930 Ford Model A. No room for another car build thought I'd try a bike.

I've completed the down tube, started the motor mounts and custom forks, will try to get some more pics up soon.

Here's a shot of the engine and part of the mount. I'm creating a false crankcase similar to the ones used around 1915, the completed crank case will be clad in aluminum. The completed build will have several false components, trying to make it look as much like an early bike as possible.

Frame_Stretch_Engine.jpg

Last edited:
These are the start of my forks, they're wrench handles from some custom Proto's used on specialty engines in the oil fields. I split the upper half and inserted a smaller tube to give them a little taper. Once I've trimmed them and added the curve I'll finish the welds, there's a lot of void to fill running out of Mig wire and gas.

Fork_Legs2.jpg

I'm much more interested in that wonderful looking old Ford behind it. Great car.

Finally got around to getting the fork welded/brazed together, still have to add truss rods. I used a Mig for strength and brazed to fillet the parts.

fork_A.jpg

Latest posts

Back