1925 Excelsior

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week we moved the bike shop I work at from its location downtown. We had some prewar and postwar bikes on display and dont have much room at our new location so I got this 1925 Excelsior mens. I am planning on redoing it and using it as wall art in my living room. I am going to go with black and brass on this one. Should be cool all my friends think i'm crazy but I think it will be cool.
DSCF0227.jpg
[/img]
DSCF0232.jpg
[/img]
DSCF0229.jpg
[/img]
DSCF0230.jpg
[/img]
DSCF0228.jpg
DSCF0233.jpg
[/img]
Going to hang it above the window.
DSCF0235.jpg
[/img]

Upper Class White Trash said:
that is sweet troy. just gunna let her hang???

Yeah thats the plans it deserves to retire. :mrgreen: Plus that and tires are really hard to find in working order. They are like tires with built in tubes.

Troy that is a nice bike as is but will look great in brass and black. Great positioning up on that wall. Would also look good above the fireplace but I see there are more important items already on display. :lol:

awesome man, it's really clean looking already, but will look sweet in brass and black.

I used to do TONS of work (all over Indiana) in the Michigan City area. I was always weirded out by that area.... Plus, the fact that I never wanted to go to Gary, after hearing about the crime there, and thinking, no way, I'm not gonna go.... I HAD to one day, and I literally got 3 blocks from the interstate, hit and run, killed a guy right in front of the place I was making a service call, creepy.... anyway, back on topic!

From the looks of that mantel display, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're a single man...ha ha! :lol:

Any Ideas where in M.C. the Excelsior plant was??? Im seriously about 5 min. away.... Might have to check it out!!

Fattroy,you never cease to amaze me with the bikes you come up with! The bike is awesome as is, but in black and brass ..... :mrgreen:

So after it's done grab that bottle of Jack and the Viking helmet and head to the Ann Arbor Bike Show next year and start the pillaging! :p
Thanks for sharing the pics!
Chainsaw

Thanks for the comments guys! RatRod yes I am single :mrgreen: . Figured why throw away all the pretty bottles :wink: . Chainsaw I am going to try and definately make it to Ann Arbor next year. Mastershake no it is a respray under the red is black. Thanks, Troy.

A lot of the old bikes were actually painted in ink. Thats why if you look at one in the right light it looks slightly blue.

fattroy said:
Thanks for the comments guys! RatRod yes I am single :mrgreen: . Figured why throw away all the pretty bottles :wink: . Chainsaw I am going to try and definately make it to Ann Arbor next year. Mastershake no it is a respray under the red is black. Thanks, Troy.
Okay :D
Do whatever you want with the paint.

Latest posts

Back