1930's Elgin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's what I'm starting with. I found this Elgin at a flea market a week ago and I will build it as a boardtracker. Other than that, I'm not sure what I will do to it, can't decide if I should leave it rusty or paint it. [im

g][/img]

ooooo my!

This bike has all the ingredients for a super board tracker! I would say paint it, but not so good that it looks restored. In other words, make it look like the bike has beenr iden, crashed and repaired and then rattle can the fixes. Very nice basis for a cool ride.

Joe

Oooooohhh those baaars !!!!!

Those C.B.'s are bangin Dude, please say you will let me have the first shot at those!!!!! ( in the unlikely event that you should part with them) Those would look too sweet on my Cycletruck! Later & PEACE!!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks guys. I'm not sure how the handlebars go together or come apart yet, guess I'll find out soon enough! I'm almost done taking everything else apart. Slick Rick, I will probably keep the bars, but you have first shot if I part with them.

361Fury said:
Thanks guys. I'm not sure how the handlebars go together or come apart yet, guess I'll find out soon enough! I'm almost done taking everything else apart. Slick Rick, I will probably keep the bars, but you have first shot if I part with them.

take the bolt all the way out of the post and when the post gets to the cross bar it will slide over it.

Wow!

This is a great starting point. As others have said, it would be a fantastic boardtracker/racer.

The rear fender is just too cool! Kinda like a work of art.

I'll second that - the rear fender is awesome.

-Mp

Amazing how easy it came apart given the rusted out rear fender. One thing to look out for is that built-in seat post clamp. Seems like I see alot of those re-welded cuz they crack.

I started cleaning up some of the parts this evening and found C7 stamped on the frame. Does anyone have any info on Elgin dates and serial numbers? Just curious what year this is.

361Fury said:
I started cleaning up some of the parts this evening and found C7 stamped on the frame. Does anyone have any info on Elgin dates and serial numbers? Just curious what year this is.

Pre war for sure. Sears used the Elgin before the war and then used the name J.C. Higgins after the war. A side note J.C. Higgins was a Sears employee and someone liked his signature so that is how they come up with the name. PS That tank will bring some good $$$ on Ebay so don`t tear it up.

Latest posts

Back