1932? CCM Doublebar (pic heavy)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I was at an auction the other day and this bike came up for sale. The frame is pretty crusty, and all the images I could find of this style of bike had truss rods (which mine doesn't). I was surprised to find that everything moves and spins freely despite the crud and rust that is pretty prevalent.

I grabbed it for $50cdn because I like the doublebar and its overall size as I am a large man and the wheels are 28".

Because I am not very versed on CCM bicycles, I do not know if this one has much value as it sits right now.
From the little research I have done, I think it's 1932 based on a serial # list on a CCM website (T6506)

And it has the original Triplex crankset

It also has a really cool Shuresta XPT telescope kickstand that should clean up nicely

The frame is lugged

And it has really cool rims but it's too bad that the tires are pretty dry. I tried to pump them up so I could ride it around the block as all the moving parts are really smooth, but the old school pump I have doesn't seem to fit the valves properly. The air just leaks right back out as the valves seem too small for the pump.

The seat looks as if it's been in a fire or something. The guts all seem decent though and my uncle is a leathersmith and made my last saddle for me, so I expect I can convince him to do it again for this one. Also 3 of the 4 pedal blocks are in great condition, while the 4th has some gouging.

What I need to know from the collective RRB minds is.........
Is my research correct so far?
Should I rat it?
If it has any value, should I sell it as is to someone who would restore it?
And if it does have value, what is it worth?

Here is a picture of my 33 delivery and my 47 with 700x50 brown Schwalbe tires
I would scratch off a little of the paint on the rims and see if there is chrome underneath the rims on my 47 were painted silver what you see is what was underneath the paint nice shiny chrome and 700 c tires fit perfect .
You may have to spread the top of the forks if you want to put a 700x50 tire on your bike .

Also stick it in your --- photo bucket

IMG_0497.JPG
Image.jpg

Last edited:
I would really like to see the seat when it is redone as I have one of those Dunlop rubber seats that has a perfect frame
and clamp but is all full of rips those frames are Identical to a Brooks model

IMG_0498_zps589yrqn9.jpg
Image_zpsn8uui8zt.jpg

Here is a picture of my 33 delivery and my 47 with 700x50 brown Schwalbe tires
I would scratch off a little of the paint on the rims and see if there is chrome underneath the rims on my 47 were painted silver what you see is what was underneath the paint nice shiny chrome and 700 c tires fit perfect .
You may have to spread the top of the forks if you want to put a 700x50 tire on your bike .
Will definitely scratch some paint off the rims and see what's underneath, just gotta wait for some better weather as it's been awful here for sure. I kinda like the thinner tires though, because as a single speed, I feel I might get a little more speed out of it.

I would really like to see the seat when it is redone as I have one of those Dunlop rubber seats that has a perfect frame
and clamp but is all full of rips those frames are Identical to a Brooks model
I just handed my seat off to my uncle. He's in the middle of a move right now, so I will either get it back within the month, or not until September. When I do get it back I will definitely post pics.

Since nobody has posted what it's worth, I gotta assume that it's not worth much at all, so I am going to rat it out, which was how I was leaning anyways. Will with post a finished pic, or perhaps start a build thread for the first time (outside of a BO).

Lots of nice ones with original paint still around on this side of the border .
Really like my 47 great rider with the modern tires will keep an eye out for your finished rat

Just noticed the handlebars on your bike they look like tiller bars flipped upside down .
That bike did not come with those and I have seen people on here pay crazy money for them .
Also Schwalbe makes a tire called Little Big Ben it's 700x40 and is a great rolling tire and you could still run fenders if you wanted .

Got impatient and made my own top .
I have to find some screw on rivets and attach it but think it will work alright .
Not real pretty but not bad for the first time I made one .
Lots of info on youtube even some of the stuff Brooks does to theres .
I heat treated mine in my Barbecue .
Still want to see what your uncle makes
IMG_7907.JPG

Latest posts

Back