1935 Speedway Special- New fender! (new-old rust)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1935 Speedway Special- The SS

That's a CWC frame for sure. Could have been a Shelby Airflo or a western auto bike circa 1935-37. Send close ups of the dropouts, seat post clamp and the serial number next, also anything else that came with the frame when you got it.

The reason we ask about the serial number and other details is that plenty of others want to date their similar frames and we're trying to build up a knowledge base by documenting what we can. If your frame has the top tube split into a Y before it reaches the seat post (which it should) you've got a very cool frame. I'm guessing the headbadge is squarish, too and has a nice script lettering.

Shelby is famous for their Donald Duck bike of later vintage, but these frames were made by CWC I think. There's a thread somewhere that was started that attempts to assemble some info on the company and the brands they sold to, and some serial number info that helps make sense of things.

kentercanyon said:
The reason we ask about the serial number and other details is that plenty of others want to date their similar frames and we're trying to build up a knowledge base by documenting what we can. If your frame has the top tube split into a Y before it reaches the seat post (which it should) you've got a very cool frame. I'm guessing the headbadge is squarish, too and has a nice script lettering.

Shelby is famous for their Donald Duck bike of later vintage, but these frames were made by CWC I think. There's a thread somewhere that was started that attempts to assemble some info on the company and the brands they sold to, and some serial number info that helps make sense of things.

It looks like a Shelby built frame, should have the tubes split around the seat post. CWC didn't make these

ratina said:
kentercanyon said:

It looks like a Shelby built frame, should have the tubes split around the seat post. CWC didn't make these

Thanks ratina, i knew this, but havent been on much latly :wink:

Heres pic from when i bought it, ive only added some clear and got some dirt off yesterday.

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

blackdiamond said:
ratina said:
kentercanyon said:

Thanks ratina, i knew this, but havent been on much latly :wink:

I figured you did, just correcting the other statement.

Love that headbadge on there!

Love that frame and badge!
Good luck!

Sweet frame! :mrgreen:

Nice start :)

Definately watchign to see this one. Have fun.

That's a nice frame, and a realy cool headbadge!! lovit :oops:

Nice tires, but those wicked apes steal the show!! Fastest looking apes out there!

Awesome apes!! :D Looks bad butt :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back