1. The first phase of the site update has been completed, but the forum software update will occur one evening this week. Will try to keep everyone posted when I find out an exact day. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

1936 SPEED KING Wm Bingham Co. Cleveland

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 8 - TRADITIONAL BIKES' started by DoubleL, Jul 31, 2013.

1. DoubleL

DoubleL Double L's Steel Crank'n Vintage Rustorations

New to the Bike build-off but have followed it since it's inception. Have a pretty good collection of pre-war bikes to work on. I chose this 36 Speed-King and decided to further play on the "Speed King" name and customize it into a cafe' or boardtrack style racer. Going to enjoy it at local vintage bicycle races. Stripped it of all the dented fenders and high-lighted the great red patina it has accumulated over the years sitting in a dusty barn. Added a schwinn forged front fork (original was damaged ) and using a cardboard template made a wooden tank-board insert. After stripping off grease and grime and uncovering the original paint, it was clear-coated for highlights. Looking forward to next barn find.
    ok. still attempting to load photos to this. Just finished photographing at severa[​IMG].jpg.html][​IMG][/URL]l different locations. Ready to post on finished Traditional. http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/larry ... LarrysPHOT[​IMG]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b481/larryelawson/40SpeedKingbyBinghamcoClevelandohebay152d_zps9e8b6c48.jpg[/img][/url]OS076_zpsb14a19f8.jpg[​IMG]

2. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

Great bike. Next year let us see the progress of your build. Watching the build journey is a big part of what makes RRBBO so cool.

3. DoubleL

DoubleL Double L's Steel Crank'n Vintage Rustorations

Cant wait until next year..God willing.... look forward to keep a progress journal and all. Crazy about this site with all the good people involved with it. "Life is indeed good".