1937 CCM Flyte owner in New Zealand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya, just joined the list. I have a 1937 CCM Flyte that has been in my family from new. I am busy fixing the previous two generations of changes!
I have also just bought another 1937 CCM Flyte in Canada which I will have sent out to New Zealand and I am looking into making a Ladies version of the Flyte that the factory never built.
I am not restoring mine 100% original as I prefer the 1936 colour pattern and I am a spray painter by trade so I will paint it up how I like and I can always change it later! My latest idea is to paint it to look like the iconic 1936 brochure artist impression... which was gold and black... but I might use very dark blue to make it more subtil.... still thinking about that.

I have a flicker page for Flyte pictures if anyones interested.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59346333@N ... 017291102/

Anyway hello from New Zealand!
Regards
Gavin

udallcustombikes said:
Welcome! Those are one of my favorite bikes. I hope to find one some day.

I have had one in the basement all my life and it took me 9 weeks to get the second bike after deciding a pair would be nice.... took a lot of ground work and I only got it from a tip off from another forum's member. They are out their to be bought if you look hard and wait.

They are not only my favorite bikes, but my only bikes!
(modern mountian bike does not count)

Can someone give me a working definiation of a "ratrodbike"?

Regards
Gavin

HotRodRob said:
Welcome Gavin! Hows things comin along on having the bike shipped? I was reading about it over on vintage ccm.com.

Small world in the bikes ha?
Shipping is going take a while to get it worted as the seller is in Hospital for a back operation as of today. His nephew works in a bike shop and is getting a shipping box and can do the dissasembly for me, but I am at the sellers mercy timewise, but he seems to be a very nice chap so I am sure he will do his best for me as his health allows.

Regards
Gavin

deorman said:
forum rule #5. Welcome. :)

Thanks. Thats an odd rule! How are new people to learn or know what it's all about?
Regards
Gavin

HotRodRob said:
Lots of guys have a different idea of the meaning "Ratrodbike", so lets just be safe in saying the it is anything other than stock.

Thanks Rob, I can work with that! :)
One flyte will be a different colour scheme from stock and the other might be made into a ladies bike with other than stock paint work... so I guess I might be in the right place!
Regards
Gavin

Its is anything your little heart desires. It cuts down on arguments if nobody tries to determine what a RatRod bike is. Then you get into hey mine is a rat and yours isn't. Build it like you dream and ride it when you can. :wink:

Hi Gavin,
I have a frame for a 36-37 Flyte.
How did you date yours ?
I have the frame number and someone on another site sugested mine was 37.
Where are you in NZ?
I need a chainwheel and cranks for mine to get it looking reasonably grounded in CCM but the frame alone is a benchmark.
I want to chrome that and make it look like a racer.
Have you any spares for a flyte over here?

Derailled

Latest posts

Back