1938 Elgin Twin Bar 20.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All, I am new to this, so I hope I'm doing this correctly. So new, that I don't even have a social media account. It was last year that I first laid eyes on this beautiful sexy curvy 1938 Elgin Twin Bar 20. I recently purchased a rusty gem on eBay last year and a lot of work and effort was put into this frame. After an extensive overview on the frame, the seller never mentioned the cracked bottom head tube. I Called most of the bicycle repair shops and once they received the photos, they all quickly retreated from the task. So I called my boy (FOCUS) from Bushwick, Brooklyn NY and he diagnosed the photos at hand and set up a date to remedy the Elgin frame. The repair on the bike frame was a success and I immediately started to purchase the necessary parts to complete my project. From March, 2016 until June, 2017, I have purchased mostly all the parts (the most difficult part to locate was the Bomb style crank shroud, tear drop pedals and the kickstand. The original stem and fenders are just as tough to find). It took me 2 months alone to prep the frame from rust preventive, primed and spray painted. (that's right, I went old school on this one). After 15 months of exhaustive, countless hours of searching, I finally put all the pieces together and the finished product is stunning... It is my 5th bike build (4th bike is my daily rider, 1938 CWC, with few upgrades but will restore to its original glory by end of year). Thank you for listening, God Bless and enjoy the photos. Copy and paste the link below to view photos.

1938 Elgin Before Photos... https://imageshack.com/a/7xPl/1

Last edited:
Thanks, Falstaff. I have just finished reading the rules of RATRODBIKES Build Off, so I will post my project accordingly, which will include all photos, from start to finish. The link has been posted on the post. More photos will be available soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back