RRBBO13 1939-40 Elgin Sports Model No (1)3 - (Refurbished Eyes for Elgins)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like that surgery has turned your world upside down!

Hope the recovery goes well.

Looks like that surgery has turned your world upside down!
Hope the recovery goes well.
Couldn’t post any photos with Tapatalk yesterday. So I posted direct to web forum, the uploaded photos were showing upside down. Now they appear correct in my viewers.
Distance vision is amazingly better this morning, now drops for weeks and an eye cover when sleeping for a week.

Hope you have a speedy recovery! Congrats on a cool bike, again!
Thanks! Built in the spirit of a true rat. Your bike is killer.
My prescription glasses don’t work for distance or mid range now, don’t really need them except for reading. Amazing change, I see stuff now that I’m not sure I want to see. Bought some cheap readers and sun glasses today. New prescription lenses are about 4 weeks out after things stabilize.

Well now that the votes are in I see that 1939-40 Elgin Sports Model (1)3 garnered 30 votes and a 3-way tie for 13th place in the 13th Rat Rod Bikes Build Off. A few threes involved in that last sentence...I’ve always liked the number “3”.
Congrats to Scribble and O’Current Metal Farm on their share of 13th place!!!!!!!!!!!!! 13!s at you.

Quite a mix of rat rods, customs, restorations, scratch builds, rebuilds and hybrids in Build Off #13...that’s the way I see it. They’re all cool in their own way. The voting is like choosing the food you want to eat from a menu with pictures.

As you read this, if you followed my Build thread or cast one of the votes for my Elgin, I greatly appreciate your curiosity and vote of confidence. I am proud of my entry, the result and honored to have placed 13th. If I remember correctly it’s my best finish to date.

Congrats to all the other finishers regardless of the votes you received. If you didn’t finish don’t give up, get back to work.

Last edited:
Got myself a new tag for the Elgin
97a61f449b0f7e090ed2feafa60d0ca8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4cff522fcf22471917c5b2b8f534fade.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back