1939 Rollfast Boardtracker 12/27

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
This build will take about a year most likely. I'm away at school right now so all I'm doing is gathering up the parts. Frame is a 1939 Rollfast Ambassador (Longtank), at least that's what I think from some quick research. I plan to strip the frame down, weld some supports, and get it powder coated. I've bought both hubs I want, just need to get rims I find strong enough and tires/tubes.
Here is the board tracker that I'm pulling a lot of ideas from. The sprocket on this is just like the Schwinn Lucky 7...so I'm using one!

Parts I Need:
Dogleg Crank
drop stand kickstand
I plan to get the speedo and other stuff from amazon.
Frame:

I may change the forks with early Schwinn truss forks.

Plan for my seat cover

Plan for handlebars

UPDATED PICTURES!!!!

Threw these wheels on it to get an idea and fell in love with the rims. I'm lacing the 3 speed hub and the drum brake hub to these rims now. Rear rim is already done, need thicker spokes for the front.

Really just need to get the tires/tubes/rim strips, chain, crank and drop stand. Then it'll be a functional bike. Then when it gets warmer I'll paint and get the motor!

Last edited:
okay a couple questions.
1) I would like to make my own girder fork from an old Schwinn type springer. Would that raise any safety concerns?
2) Would older triple-step rims or new mountain bike rims be safer?

progress!

okay a couple questions.
1) I would like to make my own girder fork from an old Schwinn type springer. Would that raise any safety concerns?
2) Would older triple-step rims or new mountain bike rims be safer?
a old Schwinn fork should be strong enough would not think a 40 dollar one would be very tough though. remember you will be going in he neighbor hood of 30mph so nylock everything!!!!! as for the rims either would work but you need good hubs and real. with the forks you will be able to watch them during the motor break in and get a better idea of weather they work good. love that frame!!!! I will start back on Etta next week and will get it done soon!!

Troy

Nylock? Is that like the loctite glue to hold screws in place? I'm still thinking of fork ideas. Do I go for the leaf spring suspension that's on the Indian i have pictures of do I go for the Schwinn type girder? I'm still thinking it over.

nylocks are the nuts that have a little plastic ring in them so they will not come loose easy. The Indian front end is cool and works great. I built one for Etta. If you want to look at the build thread for last year you can see how I did it.

I'll go take a look at how you did it then!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back