1940 COLSON...Wanna trade ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just scored this frame last week and I had no idea what kind of bike I had, until I looked at the bicycle bible, "Evolution of the bicycle vol.2" ! I flipped through the "bible" page by page until I spotted a frame that caught my eye, It was very similar to my frame so I googled "1940 Colson frame" and this thread popped up!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19926&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

And just like that....There was my frame!
I had been wanting to build a "correct" vintage KLUNKER and after months of collecting vintage parts for this build...I found this frame! After I had seen the photo's & read some of the comments I was having second thoughts about using this frame for this kind of build!

I have been searching for the right frame for this build and I thought this would be perfect, but what I really want is a 1940/41 SCHWINN EXCELSIOR frame! Does anyone want to trade?
here are a few photo's of my 1940/41 Colson frame:

I love the lines on this frame !
n39flt.jpg

To KLUNK or not to KLUNK...That is the question ?
ibkpqq.jpg

I love this teardrop rear triangle...Very nice !
autu06.jpg

I AM VERY SERIOUS ABOUT TRADING ! PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. GERRY D. FBK.

I would be interested in trading but i dont have the bike youre looking for, this is what i have. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20794
Dont know what kinda frame it is but its no walmart bike, the frame is brased together which tells me that its quite old.
let me know if youre interested.

this isn't the frame you mentioned, didn't know if you would interest a trade on it. it is a 26inch monark with matchin front fender and fork. the wheels are nothing to get excited about, cheap chinese junk so i wouldn't think you would be interested in them. the seat is no longer on the bike either. just let me know, no biggy either way! :D
102_4880.jpg

Latest posts

Back