1940? schwinn ratty truck kustom ALL DONE PICS ARE UP!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it rides great i took her down to the store today to get a sandwich and rode back one handed the whole time. it is really not as extreme as it looks.

thanks guys i have a few more things planed for her but getting close. actually the ranchero is funny yea she is mine too well was untill i got pulled over the other night with the cop thinking the tags were bad. they were by 2 weeks i guess in ca they can get you not just on the month now. then he came back and told me he was towing the truck and taking my licence i guess they can do that too now. not been a fun week but nothing will stop the ratty truck you can bet on that.

Sorry to hear about your run in with Johnny Law. So they took your license and impounded your vehicle for failing to register? That sucks. In most states failing to insure your vehicle is what triggers that penalty.
Hope you are able to work it out.
Great Bike by the way. It is great to see old bike bones brought back in a new creation.

yea it sucks but i am working on springing her out soon. got some work done to the ratty truck today new pics one monday if i remember the camera. i have a real bad habit of getting caught up in a build and not taking pics lol.

Thats BS They took your licence. Its good you kept your cool.

I almost got in my first accident today, I was at wendys with my mom, Getting a frosty and she wouldnt quit asking CAN I TAKE UR ORDER? i said one minute, and she got smart with me, I yelled at her, Then i couldnt trust her not 2 spit in my frosty so i took off like a bat outta heck and almost hit a new pontiac g6 coupe. so i squeezed by him and floored it... Stupid on my part. JEEZ I WANT A FROSTY!

it was hard ricky real hard because it was real obvious that this guy hated hot rods and was going to do anything he could to pull her off the road. oh well on to the build i cant wait to get the new pics up i think you guys will like what i have done.

hopefully i will be able to get some shots of her tomorrow. seems my gf's daughter lost the camera grrrrr nice timing huh? if it were not for bad luck i would have no luck at all.

at the shop come on by take her for a spin. in a day or two she is getting pinstriped so the paint may be wet :p

i go to get her back wed. hopefully the guys at the tow yard have not taken too many of the parts off. come on down these guys dont seem to believe me that she is ridable. i shortened the clip ons and changed the grips to some real metallic green ones that look better. no more droopy ends :shock:

good to hear its not too long (the impound fees can add up quick!!!! my boss once got a ford lightening for basically free because of that!!)
i already know ol ratty truck gonna be ridable just like when i set up gramps it looked uncomfortable as heck but no worse than a mountain bike

well took off work today to get the truck back and she is mine again safe and sound at the house 650 dollars later. i called the tow company when i got home to thank them they did not lay a finger on her as i have heard horror stories of guys getting their hot rods towed then pick them up to find pieces missing.
try putting a shorter stem on gramps i think you would find it more comfortable and look a little better but that is only my 1 1/2 cent opinion. unless you are really tall then your sorta stuck i guess. let me know when you plan to come down i will ride the lucky 7 to work so you can see that one too if you want. changing the drive train to skip link and the white felt tires really changed the look and feel of the bike. i talked mike into comming by again with his camera to snap some pics of the ratty truck he is better at it than i am anyways.

i actually had a shorter stem on there and wasnt to fond of the way it looked.i need the 80mm with about a 10 degree drop. but 2 stems later......im done for now. and no offense taken i can take criticism well enough

Latest posts

Back