1941 ? BROWN COLUMBIA STERLING BIKE BALLOON BICYCLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I just found this Gem Locally.This was a one owner bike passed on to a family member & then I was lucky enough to buy it. :mrgreen: . It had the wrong rack. wrong pedals but they are Schwinn pedals . incorrect light ,grips & a basket .. Im suprised the tires held air :D The good news is I think I have all of the parts to make this correct... if not at least very close to correct .. :D
DSC09295.jpg

DSC09296.jpg

Re: 1941 ? COLUMBIA STERLING BIKE BALLOON BICYCLE

Now that is something to get excited about!! :shock: Awesome find! :wink:

That's a real classic. Prewar 2-tone brown. Nice! Gary

That's a dirty bike! With a little work she'll clean up nicely and still have a great patina :D Good find!

I think I've found my long-lost, lighter skinned brother! Resembles my Westfield Airider, doesn't it?
Yours:
DSC09295.jpg

Mine:
WestfieldAirider643.jpg

Thanks for posting the nice reference photo..I dont think my bike had a factory rack ?? But Now I want to find a brown rack .. What are the pedals ? on your black bike..
Pudge said:
I think I've found my long-lost, lighter skinned brother! Resembles my Westfield Airider, doesn't it?
Yours:
DSC09295.jpg

Mine:
WestfieldAirider643.jpg

Lots of awesomeness in this post!!! :shock: Looks to be similar to my Westfield-built Elgin:
adamtinkererscollection009.jpg

These can be dated by the letter at the beginning of the serial, 41 would be F or G, but I've been to lazy to check mine :oops: . -Adam

Latest posts

Back