1941 Firestone Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Finally a break in the weather today so I was able to bring this thing back out into the light. I tried my usual "on the lawn with trees as backdrop" spot but the colors kind of washed out so I had to resort to the "side of the house" location. Anyhow, I picked up this bike last summer and had a customer approach me in the fall for a cool around town bike, I had 4 or 5 ladies bike and she obviously has great taste. It's a bit hilly here so the rear wheel was upgraded to a Nexus 7 and I swapped out the front chain ring for something a bit smaller and 1/2" pitch. I tried to keep as many original parts as possible on the bike but some were just too far gone to get any kind of shine.

blah blah blah, here you go..

Before:

I'm really happy with the turn out, aside from the shifter. Maybe something less ugly will come around some day. The paint really pushed my abilities and it was also my first shot at pin striping. Thanks to my wife for sorting out the colors for me. This bike should be off to it's new home tomorrow :D

Simply Fabulous!!, Kudos to your wife's color choice ,fits the bike Perfectly.
Now my wife will be on the Hunt for one ! :shock:

RafaeL

Absoluteley Fantastic!! Great colors and thought for detail. You even painted the led headlight 2tone!!
Tell me...What size tires and who sells them? What clearcoat did you use?
Awesome job!!

I enjoyed reading every post of this build....you truly transformed this bike into a masterpiece. 8)

Beautiful job :!:

Thanks All. I took a photo this summer of the bike in action, Penny was having a ball riding it in Plymouth's 250th anniversary parade. I'll look for the photo and post it up.

Latest posts

Back