1941 Murray Firestone pilot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Just picked this up a couple weeks ago from another RRB member locally. Spent the last 2 days taking her apart and cleaning and greasing everything up. Went on the first ride today, just around the block, rides likes a champ. Defiantly one of the coolest bikes I've owned and most original.
174d385f9702e8303d2b93ff816edd89.jpg

0a9905c7652963158cae52141c2b15b9.jpg

7c652228d4c0c90d4f85c8afab223b96.jpg

96723ebd699bad008e7d3d7233f7e8ef.jpg

f3b4e37f81712e7f8e63f0f4e0cca478.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW! That's a beauty!!! I think I like that better than the Elgin versions of that frame.

This is one of the 2 reasons I had to let go of my build off bike. The other ill be picking up tomorrow and hopefully be posting another done complete bike in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Wow! Imagine what it looked like on the streets in '41 with all the bikes looking like that. Where's my time machine? Gary

I have the same exact bike... One of my favorites... [emoji106][emoji92]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome! Mine looks more orange but in some spots that havn't seen much sun it looks the same as yours. Yours also has a drop stand, I was thinking it originally came with one cause the frame has the ears. But mine does not appear to ever have had one the fender still has the original rivits where the drop stand clip would have been. The kick stand on mine is seriously the most heavy duty stand Ive ever seen.

It looks like a Jiffy kick stand. Look on the back and see if it says B.C. Jiffy. Harley Davidson used Jiffy stands, they were out of Chicago. If it's a Jiffy it was patented in 1934. Gary

It looks like a Jiffy kick stand. Look on the back and see if it says B.C. Jiffy. Harley Davidson used Jiffy stands, they were out of Chicago. If it's a Jiffy it was patented in 1934. Gary
Interesting, all I see on it is a pat and then a bunch of numbers. Maybe I'll look into it and see what I can find. I've seen other jiffy kick stands never seen this kind though. I did just see one exactly like it on eBay a couple weeks ago, I should have picked it up.

That kickstand was used on Bluebirds too. Not sure if it's a Jiffy, but they are definitely stout. No worries about it folding forward on you!
bd8baab44f140827bb4e63d1bed81ca6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good info, thanks man. Now I really wish I bought that one on ebay! To go on my bluebird I'll get someday haha.

Back