1947 Monark Rocket Info! [Any And All!] *seeking*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So a '47 24" Rocket has just fallen into MY lap, and I have a few questions for all of you regarding yours! They made them into the Mid-1950's but the first year was 1947 ;) [and Yes. I am proud. haha]

Question one:
As I understand it, they were Deluxe [rack, tank, light..etc.] but to what end? Mine was bought without Bars, and pedals and a pretty tore up Saddle, however mines Also a '47 which to my understanding was the earliest year for these Models, so in some rights to be expected. It also has what I believe to be the wrong fenders and no tank. [Surprise surprise]
Im curious what actually CAME on them, Stock, from the first year production models to the last ones.

Question Two:

Did these have a special Saddle for them with an upwards tilted nose?If so, I believe mine is accurate to my bike based on the shape of its front upward lean.

Three:
What make are the STOCK hubs? My wheels arent original I dont think and likely neither are the Hubs attached. They quite frankly closely resemble the ones on my 50 CWC Hawthorne 24", down to the N-D Model D Rear Hub [which is all Original outside saddle and grips,], White painted with twin stripes inside the rim, but early 50's as it looks just like my CWC. The drive is a N-D Model D Skiptooth and a Skipper Schwinn Sprocket [obviously incorrect, but where the skip setup was not only complete, but had a flexible and functioning skip chain, I really don't mind ;) I would however like to replace the Schwinn Clover Skip sprocket with a CWC Twisted/Flying Hearts sweetheart sprocket, maybe even an AMF Star Sprocket which I have a line in the water for right now given its a "Rocket" I think the star cut sprocket is befitting.] I don't plan to completely restore it to pinpoint accuracy, but some aspects I would like to be correct and if possible, have the correct parts on hand if I do decide to go the direction of a complete correct model, even if its still crusty and colorwise, hodgepodge. So back to the point of this Question, beings I like the detail of the pinstriped white painted wheels and the skiptooth setup., What Hubs Should it have stock?

Four:
Do you have or know ANYONE at ALL who has a front fork for the 24" Model?
[Triple stack that fits a 3-1/4? x 1-3/8 Headtube]
I DO have the original, however it was badly bent back and had payed a few bucks to have it straightened only to the avail of it snapping in half due to inner rust within the steer tube which had thinned it out to a fragile weakness, snapping the steer tube roughly from the fork legs. I am ABSOLUTELY open to any and all fitting options and suggestions. [Outside of rewelding the fork, this is not an option with the thinness of the steertube and the Stump of whats left of it still poking from the fork crown.]

Five:
Any information Any of you can provide from Original Ad's to a complete Parts list with detail would be Really Really helpful. I believe the only Original parts for my model are the frame/badge/*now broken* forks/and Possibly the saddle and stem, which I have yet to be able to disassemble from the broken piece of steer tube yet.

I appreciate ANY and All replies in concerns to this. Thank you! [and please remember, information regarding all the 1947 - 1958? Monark Rocket models would be helpful.

FZ

BUMP! [No one knows anything? I find this difficult to believe! :eek: You guys taught me so much when I first started out and Im STILL going through the pages, learning more! Where are you faithful Monark Lovers??]

Latest posts

Back