1948 Healing - Ratted!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Iv'e owned this bike for a few months, but only came to me two weeks ago.
She's a 1948 Australian made "Healing" Ladies bike.
Ratted out to make a shop bike for my wife's antique store in Paddington, Qld, Australia. http://www.hobohemia.com.au
After breaking it down, I was surprised to find a lot of the original pin striping and makers name we're visible. I love the rusty patina look, so I cleared everything in a matte poly spray. The old 26' wheels were toast, so a new set of 27's and whitewalls were ordered. New bmx chain, and a bit of bending on the forks. Some old school handle bar wrap was applied. I'd matte blacked the original carry rack and chain guard, which had the best art deco style shooting meteor motif. The original seat was stripped and blacked out too. The chain guard went off to my mate Krash for pin striping. And it all came together today....

This is how she arrived...

IMG_5091.jpg

hobobike07.jpg

hobobike03.jpg

hobobike01.jpg

hobobike04.jpg

hobobike02.jpg

hobobike05.jpg

hobobike06.jpg

JohThomas Sorrels said:
Looks perfect! What tires are those, do you hae a link to them?

Hey Joh,
They are "Deli Tyre" brand, made in indonesia. These are 27inchers, my local bike store got them in for me so. Cheers!!!

LukeTheJoker said:
Very nice work!
Love it all around...

Luke.

Thanks very much mate, I was stoked with how it turned out. My next project just got sold to be in an ABC doco on Damien Parer the war photographer, so I'm searching for the another next project!!! :D

Latest posts

Back