1950 B.F. Goodrich Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked this bike up yesterday! :) I saw it on-line a few days ago, but i didn't have any cash... :(... so i sold one of my mountain bikes, a Specialized FSR Enduro Expert mountain bike for a fraction of what it was worth so i could pick up this 1950 B.F. Goodrich Schwinn. It's almost all original from what i can tell. Except, it's missing the rear reflector, headlight and the chain gaurd is off of a green bike (someone painted it blue). This thing still has both of the original tires, with decent tread, original coke bottle grips...!!! My plans are to clean it up, true up the wheels, find a correct headlight, reflector and chain gaurd, and go on rides with my brother an nephews (he has our grandfathers old Schwinn, it's very simular to this bike, only it's brown and white and dosn't have truss rods).
blueschwinn3.jpg

blueschwinn2.jpg

blueschwinn.jpg

:D :D :D

That's a COOL bike. The color is one of my favorites and looks incredible in-person. Some rubbing compound will REALLY pull out the blue.
I have the girls equivalent Schwinn....
IMGP1719.jpg

I was wondering about if the seat is original on it. Didn't this bike come with a leather seat? The one on it is pleather. Maybe someone re-upholstered it at some point?

flatblack50 said:
Is this the correct type of light for this 1950? A DELTA ROCKET RAY???
deltaray.jpg

thats the same that my 51came with, but mine also came witht the phantom style chainguard on it too.

The coke bottle grips are not original. You should have black chubby Schwinn script grips like Tailwinds girls bike. I think your bike might be a Spitfire model. Gary

Bicyclerick said:
Heres apicture of my 49 Goodrich, This is what headlight you need.Very nice bike great score.
002-89.jpg

Delta winner light?

Mind if I ask what seat that is? I have the same one on a monark but have no idea what it is. It have no tage, and no holes for tags, so I'm 99% sure it's not a brooks.

thanks

Bicyclerick said:
Heres apicture of my 49 Goodrich, This is what headlight you need.Very nice bike great score.
002-89.jpg

I have the same bike. same color everything worst of all i have the same reflector tape on the forks. KNow anyway to get it off?

heyslugger said:
I have the same bike. same color everything worst of all i have the same reflector tape on the forks. KNow anyway to get it off?

One of my typhoons has the same tape on the forks also in the same spot :? Bice find thats a beauty of a bike!

Ty

Latest posts

Back