1951 Schwinn Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of months back, I had the pleasure of visiting a barn out in the middle of nowhere, that I was told had a few bikes in it. When I arrived, I was awestruck by the amount of bikes there actually was. There had to have been 2,000 bikes hanging from the ceiling, lining the walls, up on shelves, and everywhere In between. About 2/3 or so of them were girls bike, go figure, but I was lucky enough to find this gem. I was even luckier to have paid $30 for it. It's never stopped evolving since I've gotten it, but I think that's probably how most bikes on here are. I'll post a before and after beneath this. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on things I should add or take off, and if possible, could I get help figuring out the model? Thanks! :)
a3eryda7.jpg
maqa8uga.jpg

I wouldn't exactly call him a collector. A collector usually takes care of their stuff, and he doesn't really. I wouldn't call him a hoarder either though, because he has no problem with getting rid of stuff lol. I'm not sure what to call him XD

Hey Maxxtrax77 I spent a few weeks a summer up in Nashua and Ionia in the 1950's and mid 60's visiting grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
Nice country. Oh I guess that blows the age secret:)

Latest posts

Back