1957-58 plymouth build? suggsetions?????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to build a plymouth fury bike it will have fat white wals, and a rack with a tail fin on it any suggestions? :mrgreen:

Try to find the styling points that stand out the most for you regarding a Plymouth Fury.
Aside from the obvious choice of following a Fury color scheme, you could duplicate
various shapes on the car through whatever graphics you put on the bike, such as the
pattern on the hubcaps, various trim and lettering from the car, shape of the grille etc.

Of course then you need one -Sacred Item- from a real Fury to put on your bike, although
maybe a Belvedere would be close enough. You might find out that a real tailight assembly
weighs 25 lbs, or something else equally unsavory about another part of the car.

I think you could really say most of what you want to say through the paint scheme and
graphics.

Don't overlook model airplane wings as a potential foundation for a tailfin/tailight; put the tailight
lenses where the engine(s) would go for instance.

Mmm, used to own a '57 for a short time, it was no replacement for my 69 Fury II 2 door with the gooorrrggeous inverted rear window, but different era and attractive is attractive no matter what era its from. I'd say as long as you get the right color choice, the badge, and most importantly the "near-sharkfin" style raise at the back end of the tail fins you pretty much can't miss. Oh and you have to have a dashboard-black section with the Mopar 'M' and the Chrystler emblem on it somewhere (the M at least), maybe somewhere near the base of the handlebars? Either way I'm going to be hawkeyeing this build, I love the concept, Plymouth is my bread and butter, Furys especially :mrgreen:

No suggestions here but will keep an eye on this one.Looong time ago in land far away I had a 62 sport Fury convertible(beyond rare) and my chick drove a59 Belvedere same as the fury with out the fancy trim,Kant wait!!

i am thinking more dodge mayfair/regent cause i like the grille better! :mrgreen:

proototype!!!!!!!!!

i will post in a bit!!!!!!!

sory but i HATE red pain on bikes and furys. my fist five bikes were RED!!!! i hated that! :roll: :mrgreen: :D

i need a 26 inch cwc/straight bar frame and some deep fenders anyone have? for cheap? i like rust lol! :mrgreen:

If you build a plymouth fury bike are you going to name it Christine? :mrgreen:

8) ya lol! but it WILL NOT be RED!!!! :wink:

Slingshot Dude said:
sory but i HATE red pain on bikes and furys. my fist five bikes were RED!!!! i hated that! :roll: :mrgreen: :D
Well, you know that original '57 Furys only came in one very attractive off-white beige color right? If you see a 'factory' red Fury it's not a Fury - its a Belvedere :)

SectionEightLife said:
Slingshot Dude said:
Well, you know that original '57 Furys only came in one very attractive off-white beige color right? If you see a 'factory' red Fury it's not a Fury - its a Belvedere :)
x2, IIRC they were off white with gold trim

streetpirate said:
SectionEightLife said:
Slingshot Dude said:
x2, IIRC they were off white with gold trim
Well yeah, cant forget they were two-toned. Sand Dune White and gold anodized aluminum for the two-tone and trim, '58s white became Buckskin Beige if I'm correct.

Here are some paint sketches. You could probably just modify that Desoto bike design as well.

plymouthbike3.jpg

plymouthbike4.jpg

I took the picture of the forementioned desoto-bike that was posted by teisco and paint-chopped it to a belvedere version. That little yellowish thing on the tank is supposed the be the gold saiboat and V design.

desoto1.jpg

plymouthbike6.jpg

Latest posts

Back