1957 Monark Super Deluxe?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A little help--Found this today, what do you think about it. I think it is a 1957 monarch--maybe Huffy. Interesting sprocket (schwinn sweetheart), no chain, for a super deluxe it should have a springer I would think? Don't normally find these--what should I pay. Person bought it and hung it up--I think he mentioned he lost the chain and didn't have it. There is a tag on it, but couldn't see anything on it from the ground -- I am thinking maybe $200? Resale value?

Attachments

• 20160430_093041.jpeg
    20160430_093041.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 260
Nice old bike! Looks like a Monark with the original paint. So the forks may be the right ones judging by the color. May have had truss rods. The chain wheel looks like it was changed out. A lot of the 50's photos of Monarks show a standard chain, instead of a skiptooth. Maybe they changed it to skiptooth for some reason.

The forks are bent back though. So if you get it, a springer would be the ticket unless you wanted it original. But the chain wheel not being monark is also an issue. But being bent is a bargaining chip to get it as cheaply as you can. And replacing a skiptooth chain is costly, or going to a Monark chain wheel too.

I like that the original paint and lettering look good on it.

Good bike , probably worth 300 on the high side , looks to be a middle wieght .

~ Rafael ~

Thanks, I priced it a little high because I wasn't sure of the value. I collect 40s and prewar, and haven't seen this 57 model before. The paint is original and will clean up nicely.

Latest posts

Back