1958 Western Flyer Sonic Flyer (Blue Moon)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well hope you guys will accept me in this comp. :D This is a old beat up Western Flyer that I been kicking around and hated since i brought it home.So I am deciding to use it as my build to see how long i can stand this hate-love relationship i got for it.Who knows I possibly will make a beauty out of her as a traditional build.

We'll accept you and welcome you to the fun!!
Good luck!

Bagdad,Flordia and that tank i have no clue on.Im only a nut on the classy style and learning about them 8)

Well got the old bke stripped down and ready for some fun with a traditional build.Am I crazy but I think I need some lace for this old gal :shock: hmm
laced fenders and tank and go with a blue mix spritz on the frame and than poly the rack.Than decor the old gal with some ''secretive'' touches and find some jewels i got laying around for the back rack and fender than do my pinstripping and lettering :roll: (Im really am going nutz on bicycles) :shock:

Well got my frame,rack and chain guard slicked with a old skool rust protector.Ill have pics of my tank and fenders tomorrow since I air sprayed them with automotive paint and my camera doesnt do well with static in the room from the paint particles. :shock: is my guess.I did a blue paint but since the humidity is high i decided to milky the paint by this rainy weather in Florida.

Well today i have gotten my fenders,tank done with the touch up and my frame done with the old skool gloss of poly.Now all i need is to put the handlebars on,Chain and than get new tires or leave the original on??

Well today I finally Finished The Blue Moon bike.I added white pin strips to some parts of the bike.a mudflap to the rear end and since im broke hand made a light in back and made a Bicycle lincense.Left the original wheels on and than laid down on the rear wheel oil based pastel laytex paint to the black wall to make it look like a slick.I greased all the bearing and Her first time out on the road and she rode like a champ until i learned my tires are not ment to be on sand :roll:

Latest posts

Back