1958 Western Flyer Sonic Flyer (Blue Moon)

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 8 - TRADITIONAL BIKES' started by FlordiaRust, May 2, 2013.

1. FlordiaRust

FlordiaRust

Well hope you guys will accept me in this comp. :D This is a old beat up Western Flyer that I been kicking around and hated since i brought it home.So I am deciding to use it as my build to see how long i can stand this hate-love relationship i got for it.Who knows I possibly will make a beauty out of her as a traditional build.
    [​IMG]

2. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)

Cool! I'm working on one very similar to that in the Builds section. I'll be interested to see what you do!

Here's mine:
    viewtopic.php?f=21&t=71787

3. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

We'll accept you and welcome you to the fun!!
    Good luck!

4. FlordiaRust

FlordiaRust

5. kentercanyon

kentercanyon

Kinda curious if that tank is unisex. If it were inverted, would it fit a boy's bike?

6. Machine Age Victim

Machine Age Victim

What part of Florida you from?

7. FlordiaRust

FlordiaRust

Bagdad,Flordia and that tank i have no clue on.Im only a nut on the classy style and learning about them 8)

8. FlordiaRust

FlordiaRust

Well got the old bke stripped down and ready for some fun with a traditional build.Am I crazy but I think I need some lace for this old gal :shock: hmm
    laced fenders and tank and go with a blue mix spritz on the frame and than poly the rack.Than decor the old gal with some ''secretive'' touches and find some jewels i got laying around for the back rack and fender than do my pinstripping and lettering :roll: (Im really am going nutz on bicycles) :shock:
    [​IMG]

9. FlordiaRust

FlordiaRust

Well got my frame,rack and chain guard slicked with a old skool rust protector.Ill have pics of my tank and fenders tomorrow since I air sprayed them with automotive paint and my camera doesnt do well with static in the room from the paint particles. :shock: is my guess.I did a blue paint but since the humidity is high i decided to milky the paint by this rainy weather in Florida.
    [​IMG]

10. FlordiaRust

FlordiaRust

Well today i have gotten my fenders,tank done with the touch up and my frame done with the old skool gloss of poly.Now all i need is to put the handlebars on,Chain and than get new tires or leave the original on??
    [​IMG]

11. FlordiaRust

FlordiaRust

Well today I finally Finished The Blue Moon bike.I added white pin strips to some parts of the bike.a mudflap to the rear end and since im broke hand made a light in back and made a Bicycle lincense.Left the original wheels on and than laid down on the rear wheel oil based pastel laytex paint to the black wall to make it look like a slick.I greased all the bearing and Her first time out on the road and she rode like a champ until i learned my tires are not ment to be on sand :roll: [​IMG]

[​IMG]