1966 Huffy Eldorado added to the herd.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I guess you can say I have a soft spot for these considering my 1964 Eldorado (affectionately known as Rat-dorado) was the first vintage bicycle I acquired and rebuilt. So imagine my delight when I seen this beauty posted to my local Craigslist page. I was floored to see one for sell in my area, as most Eldorados I've seen posted are well out of my state. It has some rust issues here and there on the chrome, but nothing clean up or replating can't solve. The biggies are the broken fender ornament (finding an intact Eldorado ornament is closely approaching Holy Grail status), and the battery terminals for the horn are toast due to battery corrosion (you know how that goes when batteries aren't removed prior to storage). This will be left stock and restored to that manner, as it will contrast with my Rat-dorado nicely. :grin:

Last edited:
I know what you mean about old batteries eating up metal, usually ends up badly. Are you in the U.P. ?

Awsome bikes.. I found this posting as the first image when trying get better view of a huffy eldorado after seeing parts I'm a group shot... Very cool pair.

Latest posts

Back