1967 Schwinn lil miss rebuild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a little bike I picked up for ten dollars, and after checking the serial numbers on it, I realized it was made the month and year I was born. My Best friend wanted it for his daughter, and he too was born in 67. So he's bought all the stuff and I'm building it. The bike was totally disassembled, media blasted, then powder coated down to the last nut and bolt! I have access to a place called Techshop, it's a membership place that has sanblaster cabinets, ovens, CNC machines, woodworking equiptment, you name it! If there's one around you look them up! It's an evil genius's paradise!
Here's what I have so far, and we should have it done soon. Though this is technically not a rat rod, I hope ya'll enjoy it.
Here's what she looked like when I got her home and cleaned the dirt off.

3F253BB3-AEDC-4527-823D-C010E4B24AC7-1015-000000BC7183F235_zps52c7cda6.jpg

Here's old girl ready to be blasted...

5AEC8B57-4951-4EAB-9FA3-143B97FAA5B6-1015-000000BC885C00A8_zpsb5cface6.jpg

Pretty in pink after blasting and powder coat.

53D6921B-0ADD-48D2-A752-FE1A5779EA03-1015-000000BCA841D8F0_zps719fc8ee.jpg

I put Lil Chick because lil miss was not available. Since this was more for fun and not a resto, we figured it was ok. All the water slide stickers were clear coated for duability.

ADB02A0F-8B18-4636-B010-08A320FD9A12-1015-000000BCC57BC883_zps082969ed.jpg

The dogs don't seem to mind the bikes all over the house. I wish I could say the same about my wife!
854AD6B8-E4F0-4289-AB2E-90D41FA6AC9E-1015-000000BCDB4B9039_zps792ece5c.jpg

After a new seat and sissy bar, and some other things, this is what we have. The stem, crank,sproket and handlebars were also powder coated.

6B78FD54-F876-4D67-8A7E-21BA3F3D31D1-1015-000000BCF2BCA23F_zps30988183.jpg

Nice build Diablo67, that thing is pink. Nice mix with the black and chrome. I need to find a couple of those girl's Schwinn myself for the grand daughters. Congrats on nice resto-mod.

Thank you on the comments! I'm having fun with this one and now I'm planning a build for my nephew with a 58-59 Murray made for Sears. That one's gonna be a clean bobber, but it's gonna be a bit more ratty.

That is a neon pink from a company called powder buy the pound. The handlebars are done in ultimate chrome, and the black is a satin black from the same company. That's where I get my powder coats from and I haven't had a bit of trouble with them or the powders yet. I've done nuts and bolts, and they still screw in perfectly! The headtube screwcap was done in the chrome and works fine. If you're careful, you can still take a wrench to it and not even nik the stuff! Durable! It really is foolproof, no runs, drips. Here's their website...

http://www.powderbuythepound.com

If you are near a techshop I strongly urge you to check them out! There are so many more applications than just powdercoating and sandblasting. You can make things in wood, metal, welding, fabricate just about anything you want! There's a few guys there making a living just by fabricating stuff there and selling it to vendors and other merchants. They have three spots in Cali, one in Detroit, Pittsburg, and here in NC. Can't remember if I missed one. Worth checking out though.

http://www.techshop.ws/index.html

Hey Peatbog, this is a fun build but a far cry from your Eliminator! You have some awesome talent my friend. Maybe when I'm finished we can mate the bikes and make little Bratrays!

DIABLO67 said:
If you are near a techshop I strongly urge you to check them out! There are so many more applications than just powdercoating and sandblasting. You can make things in wood, metal, welding, fabricate just about anything you want! There's a few guys there making a living just by fabricating stuff there and selling it to vendors and other merchants. They have three spots in Cali, one in Detroit, Pittsburg, and here in NC. Can't remember if I missed one. Worth checking out though.

http://www.techshop.ws/index.html

This sounds like shop class for adults who actually want to be there. What a great idea!

My Best friend wanted it for his daughter, and he too was born in 67. So he's bought all the stuff and I'm building it.

All of the builds here on RRB are good clean fun for all of us, but the little girls is the real winner here and she probably doesn't even care about what went into it! Everybody wins!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back