1969 Columbia Muscle - Sportshifter 3-speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my score at the Brimfield MA Antique Fair this week. I had seen it last May too, and it was a sad little thing. I couldn't walk away this time! I am always amazed how well these things clean up with some elbow grease. The paint cleaned up well as did the the chrome for the most part. I am thinking I might take it back to show the seller this weekend! Maybe he will want to buy it back from me! Since I have a cooler Royce Union Muscle bike and I try to keep the herd down, I will probably flip or trade this one.

As Found:
IMG_1060.jpg

With some love and a cheater slick!
IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Sportshifter SA 3-speed. The hub tells me the bike is a 1969, which would match the non reflector pedals. But did they make this consul shifter if 69? The hub was missing the Chain Pull, but I had an extra, and wouldn't you know it shifts great!!!!
IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

Sears cheater slick tire I had around. Not a fattie, just a 20X 1.75.
IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

Light has seen better days.
IMG_1074.jpg

It seams to me Banana seats were either made of a thin vinyl or a thicker rubber like material. This is a rubber one and the second I have owned and they always look amazing after all these years! Not a tear of rip to be seen!
IMG_1075.jpg

Latest posts

Back