1969 Foremost Swinger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, new to the forum, first post and hope I'm doing this right.

I came across this site while googling what I picked up today at the shop I work at here in Oakland, CA. It's really clean, the chrome is immaculate, and there's paper under the grips. There are two reflectors on the back seat back thingy (sorry for my weak terminology, cruisers arent normally my thing, I've got more history with racing bikes). The paint is very good with what looks like just minor wear from Storage. Original as far as I can tell. It also has a bike licence plate from Albany, CA (just outside of Oakland) dated 1969. Single speed coaster brake with a kick stand with a rubber stopper on the bottom.

Kinda curious to what it's worth, as I was planning on using it as a fun around the neighborhood bike, but if it turns out to be worth something I might not use it as a bar cruiser... Hah.

dab6636edf7911e2882c22000a9e06a8_7.jpg

Thanks!

Adam
Oakland, CA.

That is made by Murray badged for JC Penney's foremost name bikes. Murray Eliminator frame muscle bike.

Here is a good site for some cool stuff.
http://murrayeliminatormusclebikes.yuku.com/

What is the brand of the rear hub. 1 brand was Bendix with a single red stripe coaster break and 3 red/yellow/blue stripes for a 2 speed kickback hub. I also believe Komet Super Coaster hub.

kngtmat - Thanks for the link. Not sure on the brand of the hub, I feel like I would have remembered Bendix when I saw it, as I am already familiar with their parts from other avenues. I want to say whatever hub it was started with an "E." I was unable to take the bike home as I rode in to work and didn't feel like ghost riding a second bike back home a couple miles today. The hub was silver and the letters were engraved in and about a half inch tall. 5-6 letters, I think. Nothing painted. When I have some time at the shop tomorrow I will post more details and maybe another couple of photos.

RatRod - Thanks! Didn't expect kudos or solicitations from the sites owner on my find! Hadn't really thought about selling it, to be honest. I don't think I could in good conscience flip it so soon after acquiring it without earning some bad bike juju. I'm mostly inquiring about value to sort of understand with what level sort of care and / or nonchalance I should have with using it. I'll admit to having paid $250 which I cringed at a little but it's summer time and I've put in a bit of overtime this week. I was saving to build a 24" BMX and this will serve the same purpose I had intended that bike to have, and costs me a lot less. The cleanliness of this bike surprised me, it seems like it's never been used.

Hey all.

I left my job, so I've decided to sell this thing. If anyone is interested let me know via PM, otherwise it'll probably end up on ebay in about a week.

Latest posts

Back