1969 Malvern Star Skidstar GT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After looking for a while I have finally added a Malvern Star Skidstar GT to my little eclectic collection of bikes. Although it is not the best example it is certainly clean enough and I am happy for it to be mine.
Right.jpg

Left.jpg

top.jpg

20160720_141115.jpg

There are a few little things that I have to do to it such as repaint the the star at the top of the front forks as it the white color supposed to be inversed, general clean up, have got an original 1960's underseat tool kit coming this week as well as chase up a few other minor parts like change the cable outers of the brakes to grey........ The best thing is that it has the original seat as I have seen these go for $350+

skidstar brochure.jpg

There are two different stories of why these bikes were manufactured and one being that they were released to signify the release of the iconic Ford Falcon XR GT - which was released in this color with similar badging and markings and the other version that it was released to signify the 50th Anniversary of Malvern Star as a brand from 1920 to 1970. This is a friends Ford Falcon XR GT below

XRGT.jpg

XRGT rear.jpg

After looking for a while I have finally added a Malvern Star Skidstar GT to my little eclectic collection of bikes. Although it is not the best example it is certainly clean enough and I am happy for it to be mine.
View attachment 31103

View attachment 31104

View attachment 31105

View attachment 31106

There are a few little things that I have to do to it such as repaint the the star at the top of the front forks as it the white color supposed to be inversed, general clean up, have got an original 1960's underseat tool kit coming this week as well as chase up a few other minor parts like change the cable outers of the brakes to grey........ The best thing is that it has the original seat as I have seen these go for $350+

View attachment 31107

There are two different stories of why these bikes were manufactured and one being that they were released to signify the release of the iconic Ford Falcon XR GT - which was released in this color with similar badging and markings and the other version that it was released to signify the 50th Anniversary of Malvern Star as a brand from 1920 to 1970. This is a friends Ford Falcon XR GT below

View attachment 31108

View attachment 31109
Great looking bike...Beautiful lugged cantilever frame......All the best!!!

Latest posts

Back